Flying Blue FAQ

Old Apr 11, 2024, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
There are still good deals with miles out there

I have just made a booking with miles that I believe is a very good deal. Oklahoma City (OKC) - New York (LGA)14,500 miles + 19Ticket value 449.00Availability for 3 passengers The ticket value is the price of a fully refundable ticket on the same flight, given that award tickets can be changed and refunded. However, the ticket receipt shows a zero baggage allowance. How can this be? I thought that award tix always included baggage. Is it a mistake?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto
...The ticket value is the price of a fully refundable ticket on the same flight, given that award tickets can be changed and refunded. ...
I believe that award tickets have a fee if you want a refund of miles but a fully refundable ticket has no fee to get a refund of cash so that isn't exactly the correct value.

Last edited by friedablass; Apr 11, 2024 at 10:23 pm Reason: Typo
Old Apr 11, 2024, 6:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by friedablass
I believe that award tickets have a have if you want a refund of miles but a fully refundable ticket has no fee to get a refund of cash so that isn't exactly the correct value.
Concerto was recently ULTI, if I remember correctly, so is very likely still Platinum (thus pays no cancellation fee).

Partner awards in a class where the partner doesn't include free checked bags likely don't get bags included (assuming the award ends up being DL marketed). DL does tend to apply the elite extra checked bag to non-elites on the same PNR, so if you still have status when flying, you might get an extra bag for everyone.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 7:57 pm

Programs: Fying Blue Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum Elite, IHG Silver Elite, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I'm guessing no for the additional hotel night as they offered you an alternative on your day of travel. But you have no risk to try.
For your bags, yes, they will be checked through final destination.
Thanks. I will tray with the claim.
I actually called the plat line and they said the same. They even mentioned, I can even get compensation because of the cancelled flight also (even though the rebooked me to another flight), not sure if this is true or not.

I also will still get XP's from my original legs, right?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by IhsanRaharjo
Thanks. I will tray with the claim.
I actually called the plat line and they said the same. They even mentioned, I can even get compensation because of the cancelled flight also (even though the rebooked me to another flight), not sure if this is true or not.

I also will still get XP's from my original legs, right?
Yes, though you will have to request FB's customer service to apply an original routing credit as this does not happen automatically.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hhdl
Concerto was recently ULTI, if I remember correctly, so is very likely still Platinum (thus pays no cancellation fee).

Partner awards in a class where the partner doesn't include free checked bags likely don't get bags included (assuming the award ends up being DL marketed). DL does tend to apply the elite extra checked bag to non-elites on the same PNR, so if you still have status when flying, you might get an extra bag for everyone.
OK, thanks, interesting info here. I thought that all award tickets were issued with a baggage allowance, no matter which airline, so this is a bit of a surprise to me.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 6:39 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Not sure where to post this but first time problem for me

Is it true that FB awards cannot be changed but instead you need to cancel and rebook the entire trip? This is what the PSL rep told me and this being my first award trip caught me unaware

I am booked on a EU-CDG-EU flight the last flight I wanted to change to the earlier flight that now has award space but since I bought SAF for the journey I cannot cancel or I would lose the SAF money paid

Seems rather clunky if only cancelling works?
Old Apr 16, 2024, 6:43 am

Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Originally Posted by kauppias
Not sure where to post this but first time problem for me

Is it true that FB awards cannot be changed but instead you need to cancel and rebook the entire trip? This is what the PSL rep told me and this being my first award trip caught me unaware

I am booked on a EU-CDG-EU flight the last flight I wanted to change to the earlier flight that now has award space but since I bought SAF for the journey I cannot cancel or I would lose the SAF money paid

Seems rather clunky if only cancelling works?
Yep, that's how it is.

I typically book inbound and outbound under two PNRs when flying awards, just so I have greater flexibility.
kauppias likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 6:45 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by b12e
Yep, that's how it is.

I typically book inbound and outbound under two PNRs when flying awards, just so I have greater flexibility.
thanks,

Good to know, I wont buy SAF anymore till OLCI on awards then 😁🤣 live and learn...

I guess it is a 9 hour champagne stop for me in Paris then 😁🤷‍♂️
Old Apr 19, 2024, 11:28 am

128k Flying Blue Miles for SFO-SGN non-stop, Vietnam Airlines. Not the worst deal in the world, but does this price ever get lower? Or is this as good as it gets? TIA
Old Apr 19, 2024, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is that Economy class round trip? Otherwise far too much
Old Apr 19, 2024, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
Is that Economy class round trip? Otherwise far too much
biz, one way, one ticket
Old Apr 22, 2024, 6:53 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Does the price of checked bags change over time, i.e. is there a difference between booking it together with the ticket vs adding it later? I'm not sure when exactly am I gonna hit silver and thus whether I'll need to pay for a bag on some more distant flights. Thank you
Old Apr 23, 2024, 7:58 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I believe it's the same all the way up to OLCI, only at the airport does it become more expensive. But also you might rather want to buy up from Light to Classic for the other benefits maybe?
Old Apr 23, 2024, 11:58 am

I have a relatively straight forward question regarding reward tickets that I couldn't seem to explicitly find an answer to even on the travel blogs. I found some good flights in March 2024 to Europe in Y for a family of 5 on the reservation. Is the 70Euro award cancellation fee per passenger or for the entire potential r/t reservation. And from what I've read taxes go back and miles get redeposited?

(apologies if this question belongs in the other sticky in this forum)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.