Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Digging into FlyingBlue details & request clarification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2024, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton

I apologize in advance, but Ive read and may be reading into this too much but I have several Qs needing clarification about the flying blue program.
h
https://www.flyingblue.com/en/progra...re-info/status

1. As I understand, you get more XPs with flying, buying SAFS or using miles to buy SAFs. And 2000miles=1 XP. So could one conceivably trade, for instance, 50000mi for 25 XPs?

2. Since I am the head of the family acct and have MY miles plus that of 3 others, would I also be move their miles to my account and apply even more miles for the XPs as above?

3. it says, "Gain UXP only on flights marketed by Air France or KLM." But it never defines, what the heck is a UXP????
Old May 16, 2024, 6:00 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by the phoenix
I apologize in advance, but Ive read and may be reading into this too much but I have several Qs needing clarification about the flying blue program.
h
https://www.flyingblue.com/en/progra...re-info/status

1. As I understand, you get more XPs with flying, buying SAFS or using miles to buy SAFs. And 2000miles=1 XP. So could one conceivably trade, for instance, 50000mi for 25 XPs?

2. Since I am the head of the family acct and have MY miles plus that of 3 others, would I also be move their miles to my account and apply even more miles for the XPs as above?

3. it says, "Gain UXP only on flights marketed by Air France or KLM." But it never defines, what the heck is a UXP????
1. Correct
2. Correct (though note that the amounts of SAF you can buy are in fixed increments (e.g. about 150 XP max for a short TATL round trip))
3. UXP are XP earned for activity on AFKL flights. Get 900 of them (no real rollover to speak of, if you have to ask) in a Platinum membership year and you become Ultimate (see thread in this forum for the benefits, such as they are).
Old May 17, 2024, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by hhdl
2. Correct (though note that the amounts of SAF you can buy are in fixed increments (e.g. about 150 XP max for a short TATL round trip))
Instead of using miles for SAF, you can always donate to charity at rate of 2000 miles per 1 XP without any limitation on the amount.

https://www.flyingblue.com/en/mileshub/donate
ofj, the phoenix, hhdl and 1 others like this.
Old May 17, 2024, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Wait, so you’re saying I can pool my miles, and my families, then max out donations for XP without limit? Get out! Sounds way too good to be true!

Going back to UXP, I may have screwed myself. I initially booked this flight is Delta and now it’s Delta operated by Air France so it’s not UXP correct? But then again, is there a downside to that?
Old May 17, 2024, 9:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Wait, so youre saying I can pool my miles, and my families, then max out donations for XP without limit? Get out! Sounds way too good to be true!

Going back to UXP, I may have screwed myself. I initially booked this flight is Delta and now its Delta operated by Air France so its not UXP correct? But then again, is there a downside to that?
​​​​​​
Unless you're aiming for 900 UXP in a year, no

The benefits of ULTI are probably worth less than 1.8 million FB miles, so that likely means "unless your planning a half dozen TATL round trips".
eglise likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 2:55 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum Ultimate, Hilton Diamond, Sixt Diamond, Hertz Platinum, Amex Centurion
Wait, so youre saying I can pool my miles, and my families, then max out donations for XP without limit? Get out! Sounds way too good to be true!

Going back to UXP, I may have screwed myself. I initially booked this flight is Delta and now its Delta operated by Air France so its not UXP correct? But then again, is there a downside to that?
yeah but it is horrible use of miles. Only use the miles option if you are a few XP short of which ever level you want to reach or maintain. Even if the miles are accrued for free because they are earned through company travel, using the miles on Business class tickets would be considered by most a better optimization of the miles. Purchasing SAF is at 10euro per XP so generally that is considered the upper limit which would be considered a reasonable rate. 50.000 miles gets you 25 XP, or the equivalent of 250Euro worth of SAF. It also gets you a saver award one way business class ticket from Europe to Seattle (excl fees). I would argue the ticket is worth more than 250euro. Better yet, you can still buy prob 250euro worth of SAF on the award flight if you needed the XP desperately.
Old May 17, 2024, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Lots of angles here. I see myself using AF at least once a year transATL to points Europe and also utilizing Delta more here.

Have the Flying Blue card which will rack up points through my business spend.

I really appreciate all your insight and advice. This FB program is a bit more involved than AAdvantage!
eglise likes this.
Old May 18, 2024, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

One last question.

Im having an issue with FlyingBlue as far as getting my DL/AF flights credited there. I first was able to have Delta release the miles from Skymiles.

But when emailing FBlue last night, they are saying Delta has the miles credited to SkyM. I have screenshots from both my Skymiles acc and Delta text support clarifying that the AF credits are not posted to SkyM.

What is the best contact method to get this sorted with FBlue? They denied the claim last night within an hour of making the claim via email.

But I then re-submitted a new claim this morning, I've heard nothing. And Right now, it seems like hours between messages on WhatsApp. Is calling Flying Blue Premium Service Line more effective? Or FB messenger?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.