Wiki Posts
Search

Paid status match

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2024, 7:00 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Shoredreamer
Interesting …hadn’t heard this term before
Skyteam Elite Plus, the ST equivalent to Star Gold status.

Originally Posted by irishguy28
There are some around these parts who think that, at some stage down the line, EuroBonus will be folded into/merged with Flying Blue anyway.
There are provisions for it in the relevant agreements. But it's not a done deal and won't happen for some years yet, even if it does.
Old May 6, 2024, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
There are provisions for it in the relevant agreements.
Can you provide a link to the relevant agreements?

thanks.
Old May 6, 2024, 7:56 am

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35729075-post9.html
Old May 6, 2024, 1:34 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond, UA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Do you actually want to abandon EuroBonus, or just SAS?
more like SAS, at least maybe for my long haul EU/US flights anyway, geographical reasons won’t allow me to abandon completely …also hoping to fully be able to utilize the LT benefits going forward (once earned) & also realize this now means using the ST airline group instead of the *A ones. Thank you for all the helpful advice /info!
Old May 10, 2024, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
For those interested.
I'd somewhat caution against burning match opportunities for a lowly Silver match. One should keep in mind that for most programs outside the US, matching can be done once in a lifetime. (Yeah, you may be able to get around that by gaming it, but if you take the high road, it's usually once in a lifetime except for the big US carriers.)
Old May 10, 2024, 6:16 am

Originally Posted by ffgap
I'd somewhat caution against burning match opportunities for a lowly Silver match. One should keep in mind that for most programs outside the US, matching can be done once in a lifetime. (Yeah, you may be able to get around that by gaming it, but if you take the high road, it's usually once in a lifetime except for the big US carriers.)
On one hand, yes... on the other hand, matching to FB is very rare opportunity as it is, and Silver match can give you a good leg up on getting Gold.
Old May 10, 2024, 8:10 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Silver is the only tier that is truly worth its weight in gold imho

€79 which gets you guaranteed luggage on ALL your flights. That is your money recouped after a single return flight already.
the810 likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Silver is the only tier that is truly worth its weight in gold imho
In Cologne, we say: "Jeder Jeck ist anders!" A "jeck" is a participant at a carnival event so the saying means something like "every joker is different."

I don't do checked luggage and I believe it easily saves me €100 per flight, when I multiply the time saved by skipping the check-in counter and the wait at the baggage carousel with the value of my time.
Old May 10, 2024, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by ffgap
I don't do checked luggage and I believe it easily saves me €100 per flight, when I multiply the time saved by skipping the check-in counter and the wait at the baggage carousel with the value of my time.
But as in all these debates on not checking luggage, that time you "saved" is not saved at all if the time is used efficiently. Example: You can arrive at the airport half an hour later giving you time to answer some emails in the office or at home, whereas doing them in the queue to check (or pick up) bags gives you the same result with the bonus of not having to carry your bags everywhere. Time management is key but this is going way off topic.
Old May 10, 2024, 7:39 pm

I'm wondering, why isn't this Status Match oppertunity list directly from Air France? I couldn't find any info about it on AF official site (either the previous UK program or the current expanded scheme). I'm skeptical about whether this program is legit. If it’s operating in a grey zone, it might risk our Flying Blue accounts being suspended in the future. Can someone share some in-depth info of statusmatch.com? I mean, I feel it's very strange, because if this Status Match nevertheless is going to be operated from AF-end, why AF isn't advertise it? Especially, it's a paid program which can bring AF revenue.
Old May 10, 2024, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by ericmc
I'm wondering, why isn't this Status Match oppertunity list directly from Air France? I couldn't find any info about it on AF official site (either the previous UK program or the current expanded scheme). I'm skeptical about whether this program is legit. If it’s operating in a grey zone, it might risk our Flying Blue accounts being suspended in the future. Can someone share some in-depth info of statusmatch.com? I mean, I feel it's very strange, because if this Status Match nevertheless is going to be operated from AF-end, why AF isn't advertise it? Especially, it's a paid program which can bring AF revenue.
It is legit.
It is reasonably well advertised by AFKL as they send emails for targeted pax.
Why do they use status match? This is once in a decade status match and AFKL is not equipped to check on status on other airlines. Hence, they use a third party to do all the checking and administrative handling. Very logical.
Ghibli and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old May 11, 2024, 5:35 am

Programs: FB
The co-founder of statusmatch is Mark Ross-Smith, who ran Malaysian's loyalty program for a while. He also occasionally writes loyalty-program think pieces at Travel Data Daily, if you're curious about the underlying philosophy.
Old May 13, 2024, 4:52 am

Programs: LH, KL, AB
Originally Posted by brunos
It is legit.
It is reasonably well advertised by AFKL as they send emails for targeted pax.
Why do they use status match? This is once in a decade status match and AFKL is not equipped to check on status on other airlines. Hence, they use a third party to do all the checking and administrative handling. Very logical.
FB Platinum arrived today, for LH Senator. If 'soft landing' works, after 12 mo should drop to Gold
HadesNL and hhdl like this.
Old May 13, 2024, 7:01 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
At least 2 years of SkyTram Elite Plus : congratulations
I was seriously contemplating it too, but i've got all travel plans set in stone for the next years and none involving a SkyTeam airline ...

Last edited by HadesNL; May 14, 2024 at 6:43 am
Old May 14, 2024, 1:42 am

Programs: SQ Elite Gold, FB Gold
FB Gold confirmed yesterday, for SQ KF Elite Gold, after applying last Friday (approved the same day). Just in time for my flights with CI this month.
No net change to my current XP so I don't know if there'll be a soft landing to Silver next year if I don't re-qualify for Gold. Still, IMO pretty good value for CAD199.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.