Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

$430 in booking fees/surcharges per person, does this sound right?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2023, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Made an award booking in J for two people yesterday with a stopover:

FCO-CDG
*stopover*
CDG-IAH

The total fees exceeded my expectations by a bit and the explanation given over the phone (since you can't book stopover awards by yourself online) was that the stopover will trigger the need to pay surcharges for both airports, whereas simply connecting through an airport does not trigger the surcharges for that airport.

Just wanted to double check if this sounds right? Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2023, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
It seems fine.
Taxes and surcharges are calculated separately for each flight when you do a stopover.
Airport taxes will indeed be higher if you stopover in CDG, rather than transit. J departure taxes are high from CDG
AfterHour, hhdl and alany611 like this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 1:10 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
If you look at the taxes for the individual segments (which you can check online using the af or kl websites), they should add up to that same number.
AfterHour and newflyer27 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.