Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule Change: TATL Flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2023, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Schedule Change: TATL Flight

Hi all, it's been awhile since I've been to Europe so I'm unsure of the option these days. Back in December I bought an economy ticket ATL-AMS-BUD, LIS-CDG-ATL, for travel coming up in a few weeks. First segment is operated by Delta. Fare class V/L, VLX57NBL. My connection in AMS changed from a comfortable 2hrs to 6hrs.

I'm assuming I'm allowed to request a change of outbound flights, either a later TATL flight or through CDG instead. Is this correct? (I know with DL I'd be able to do that)

Second question. I specifically picked the DL operated flight so I could pick my seat. Does anyone know if I'm able to upgrade day of departure for a DL flight, but KL ticket? I've been offered upgrades, never taken, on AF flights and DL ticketed/flown flights in the past, but never tried on a mixed ticket before.

Thanks!
Old Feb 28, 2023, 7:34 pm

You can select any flights you want. Just pick what works best for you and let the agent know (via phone, chat, Facebook, etc.). Just know that this is a one time opportunity. Once you change your flights, that's it.

DL doesn't offer complimentary upgrades on transatlantic flights. I prefer flying KLM or Air France on transatlantic flights. I like their service, food and comfort better.
Weekend Away likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 4:21 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by smartytravel
DL doesn't offer complimentary upgrades on transatlantic flights. I prefer flying KLM or Air France on transatlantic flights. I like their service, food and comfort better.
DL does consider Comfort+ to be a product you get upgraded to (in which case whether it's DL marketed or not does matter in terms of whether it can happen before T-24).
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Originally Posted by smartytravel
You can select any flights you want. Just pick what works best for you and let the agent know (via phone, chat, Facebook, etc.). Just know that this is a one time opportunity. Once you change your flights, that's it.

Originally Posted by hhdl
DL does consider Comfort+ to be a product you get upgraded to (in which case whether it's DL marketed or not does matter in terms of whether it can happen before T-24).
When I said "offered an upgrade" I meant they offered to sell me an upgrade to J. Delta offered on my flights to/from GRU in 21, and AF's has presented an upgrade in the past, but I didn't feel like spending the additional money. Today, I do. I'll switch to all AFKL metal for the trip.

Thanks!
hhdl likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Weekend Away
When I said "offered an upgrade" I meant they offered to sell me an upgrade to J. Delta offered on my flights to/from GRU in 21, and AF's has presented an upgrade in the past, but I didn't feel like spending the additional money. Today, I do. I'll switch to all AFKL metal for the trip.

Thanks!
The paid upgrades are not always offered, neither on Delta nor on KLM/Air France.
Synapseturquoise likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 1:10 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
I'd rather have a 6-hour layover and make the connection comfortably, than a 2-hour one and possibly struggle to get through immigration in time.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 6:02 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 1P
I'd rather have a 6-hour layover and make the connection comfortably, than a 2-hour one and possibly struggle to get through immigration in time.
I think this would put you in the minority. 2 hours is not a tight connection.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 2:42 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I think this would put you in the minority. 2 hours is not a tight connection.
It is when your first flight runs late and there is a long line at passport control. Both of these happen with increasing frequency these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.