Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade and time for qualifying

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2023, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, HH silver, Aeroflot silver
Upgrade and time for qualifying

I was upgraded to platinum yesterday, march 1st.
But if I look now my dashboard for the status maintaining, it says I have time until 29th of february 2024.
I assumed it should be the 31st of march 2024, cause I recieved last XP and the upgrade on march 1st.
Am I wrong?
Old Mar 2, 2023, 2:31 am

Programs: Some...
AFAIK, what's matter is the date of the flight you took to qualify.
If you flight was on feb 28th, you probably received the XPs on march 1st but you are considered plat since feb 28th. Then the one year + EOM rule applies.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, HH silver, Aeroflot silver
My last flight was indeed in december, after which I endend up with 299xp. My initial qualify time ended 31st march 23.
Now I have a flight next week, which would have give me the upgrade anyway, but I thought it would be nice to be plat already when board the flight.
So I donated yesterday(1st of march!) 2000 miles for the missing 1XP, assuming it will give me again the time until 31st of march.

Last edited by Maipenrai; Mar 2, 2023 at 3:23 am
Old Mar 2, 2023, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Maipenrai
So I donated yesterday(1st of march!) 2000 miles for the missing 1XP, assuming it will give me again the time until 31st of march.
You should probably have waited another day or two, particularly if not changing your qualification date was a concern (and yes, I realise that you *did* wait until the month of March rolled around, so it obviouslywas a concern of yours); the system that automatically processes upgrades is probably not programmed to recognise the new reality of "instant" XPs posting, given that this is a relatively new possibility.

All I can say is to call Flying Blue and explain the situation and your intention to not have your qualification date changed; however, I cannot say whether they can, or will, change the date as they may consider that the system processed the upgrade exactly as intended.

Do please report back, and thanks for highlighting this issue; for others considering doing something similar in future (using an instant XP fix via a donation to tip them over a status threshold), the advice would therefore be to wait a few days and not immediately grab XPs in this manner on the first of the month. Aim for feeling generous towards the end of the relevant month, rather than at the very start of the month!
Old Mar 3, 2023, 8:32 am

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Maipenrai
My last flight was indeed in december, after which I endend up with 299xp. My initial qualify time ended 31st march 23.
Now I have a flight next week, which would have give me the upgrade anyway, but I thought it would be nice to be plat already when board the flight.
Interesting. 5 years ago I ended up with 299 XP on 31 December, they added 1 XP and made me platinum.....Maybe since it was the first year of the XP system. You now are plat 1 March and then have till 29 Feb next year to requalify.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.