Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Add Volare FF to FlyingBlue reservation

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2023, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Add Volare FF to FlyingBlue reservation

I am trying to edit the FF details for an award ticket booked via Air France Flying Blue (as I want to add my ITA Airways Volare Premium card ((equivalent to SkyTeam Elite Plus)), but I am unable to do this via the Air France or KLM websites / Apps. Does anyone have any similar experience? Shall I call the FlyingBlue call center?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by fil_87
I am trying to edit the FF details for an award ticket booked via Air France Flying Blue (as I want to add my ITA Airways Volare Premium card ((equivalent to SkyTeam Elite Plus)), but I am unable to do this via the Air France or KLM websites / Apps. Does anyone have any similar experience? Shall I call the FlyingBlue call center?
it might be impossible as you booked the award ticket from your flying blue profile. the number might stick with the reservation. But it does not hurt to call the Flying Blue hotline to try.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
it might be impossible as you booked the award ticket from your flying blue profile. the number might stick with the reservation. But it does not hurt to call the Flying Blue hotline to try.
I called the FlyingBlue call center and they managed it: they removed the Flying Blue FF from the reservation and replaced it with my Volare Premium (SkyTeam Elite Plus) manually. Now, my reservation is showing some SkyTeam Elite Plus benefits (such as a second checked luggage for free), but strange enough lounge access is not showing as complimentary.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 8:57 am

My experience is this: I booked several award seats using Virgin miles, plus a couple of biz cash tickets on KLM and AF. I added all the booking codes to my KLM profile. I then started a web chat with someone at KLM, and asked him to manually add the AZ number. At first he couldn't do it. Then when he succeeded, I rolled off all the other booking codes. In future, I would not add the bookings to my KLM profile, as the chap said '...there are already two FF numbers (KLM and Virgin) on many of these', which I asked him to delete.

So far: two segments on AF, the FF number appeared but with 'null' and did not show Sky Priority. I managed to get two new paper boarding passes at Newcastle, showing Elite Plus and Sky Priority. For KLM, I thought I would have to do the same, but I've managed to download three boarding passes to my phone and they all correctly say Elite Plus / Sky Priority.

On all segments so far I haven't been able to choose upgraded seats complimentarily, although I'm not sure this is a SkyTeam benefit. The SkyPriority is very useful at CDG, plus at NCL at least, the AspirePlus side of the lounge. Having been BA Gold for 10+ years, then Star Gold for a few (still am the latter) I am hoping a combination of maintaining Sky Elite and Star Gold will work better than putting everything into BA/OW. Plus I've a pile of Avios to get through, and flying all biz with BA is nearly the same as BA Silver anyway.

Lounges at CDG and AMS are good as well. Getting back on point: boarding passes have worked in all lounges so far. The only thing I can't do is add the ITA card to my Apple Wallet. It just won't go in, but still shows in the ITA app.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 9:48 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by abitwild
On all segments so far I haven't been able to choose upgraded seats complimentarily, although I'm not sure this is a SkyTeam benefit.
The SkyTeam benefit regarding seat selection is very basic - it just says "preferred seating" - whatever that means - but it does not give free seat selection for all seats (including exit row). Non Flying Blue SkyTeam Elite/Elite plus had to pay extra for economy comfort, extra legroom and other priority seats like a non status passenger (except Delta flyers). Flying Blue silver and gold just get a discount for special seats (FB platinum gets seat selection for free in the entire cabin including exit row)

OTOH - when a Flying Blue elite is on an ITA operated flight there is also no such thing as free advance seat reservation for special seats.
abitwild likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.