Search

Transavia Paris Orly Transit for Visa National

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Transavia Paris Orly Transit for Visa National

Hi .

I am looking at a TLV-ORY-OZZ (Morocco) itinerary and wanting some helpful words of wisdom on it.

One of our party will be a visa national for France (and unlikely to have a visa given timeframes for applying for them being so extended in these times).

While the booking can be done all in one via the Transavia site, I note the website says "collect luggage, check in again".

We will be travelling on hand carry, so luggage is no issue, but is there a transit facility so we can check in airside (or via the app) so we don't need to cross immigration.

I am FB Gold if it gives access to any facilities that would help in that regard.

Thanks
Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I am afraid this can be an issue. LCC are not ensuring connections, so you are basically buying separate trips and you do not benefit from any protection in case of "misconnection". Even with HBO, you can never be sure to be able to do OLCI as the airline may want to check passport, visa, and Covid stuff (even if for this last point it seems OK now). I am not sure TO has some connection counters airside in ORY, as again they do not ensure connections. But ORY experts may give you a different answer on this.
Also, FB gold is useless when travelling with TO. TO is not part of Skyteam and there is no Elite/Elite+ benefit to enjoy when flying TO, unfortunately.
So, at that stage, this itinerary is not good for your friend who needs a visa to enter France.
mlin32, irishguy28 and ahopkins767 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:16 am

Programs: FB Gold
Agreed with above. ORY is not really set up as an aeroport for non-Schengen to non-Schengen correspondances and I wasn't even aware TO sold "one ticket" trips like this. You would likely have to exit passport contrôle, collect bags, and recheck, necessitating an entry into France.
ahopkins767 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ahopkins767
One of our party will be a visa national for France (and unlikely to have a visa given timeframes for applying for them being so extended in these times).
Without a visa for France, this passenger will be refused at TLV.
Xandrios and ahopkins767 like this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
Noted - thanks for the heads up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.