Wiki Posts
Search

Flying LX with KLM ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Flying LX with KLM ticket?

Hi,

I've heard of someone flying BUD-ZRH on LX plane, with 074 KLM ticket. How is it possible? Which route can I book in order to fly this way?
Thinking of crediting this route, or LX flights in general, to FB, could be useful...

Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2022, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Tomer Rimon
Hi,

I've heard of someone flying BUD-ZRH on LX plane, with 074 KLM ticket. How is it possible? Which route can I book in order to fly this way?
It is not possible to buy a ticket from KLM including this sector. Presumably this only occurred as a result of IRROPs that necessitated a passenger to be rebooked onto a different itinerary that, in this instance, avoided AMS/CDG and AF/KL and routed the affected passenger onto Swiss.

Originally Posted by Tomer Rimon
Thinking of crediting this route, or LX flights in general, to FB, could be useful...

Thanks
KLM does not codeshare on any flights between BUD and ZRH, and LX is *not* a Flying Blue partner, so even if you managed to purchase a ticket from a travel agent that was able to issue, on an 074 ticket, this sector along with many others, you would earn nothing in Flying Blue for this LX-operated flight.

To the best of my knowledge, KL does not codeshare on *any* LX route. You will never earn Flying Blue miles flying on LX, even if you somehow managed to get a ticket plated on 074 stock that included an LX sector.
Fabo.sk likes this.

Last edited by irishguy28; Oct 4, 2022 at 1:57 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.