Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On Delta: First Class, but no C+, as FB Elite?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2022, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, MileagePlus, Marriott, Hilton
On Delta: First Class, but no C+, as FB Elite?

Hello! First timer here!

I've been a FB Gold/Silver for many years, but live in the US so I usually am flying on Delta. In the past, I've always had the option to request complimentary upgrades to C+ as well as First Class, but all of the sudden C+ is now saying "Not Upgrade Eligible", but I'm still eligible for First Class. Does anyone know anything about this? I haven't been able to find any information on the change...

Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:19 am

Oh boy hope not
Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:29 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)
I do not know the reason why but it's been like this since at least june. actually, I'm curious as well to understand why, but never bothered to ask -_-
thanks for raising this!
Old Sep 22, 2022, 3:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's strange, but this is the way the DL rules are currently written. However, realistically, you're unlikely to actually get an upgrade to FC on a domestic DL flight because you would be prioritized below all DL elites on the upgrade waitlist (and you cannot be upgraded before T-24, while some DL elites can be upgraded starting at T-120).
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 7:45 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
I flew DL domestic as FB Gold a few times and if you want an upgrade to C+, you usually have to call DL or ask the ticketing counter or gate agents to seat you there. Some people would try to decline you the seat, but you just need to say that because you are a Flying Blue Gold/Plat that free C+ seating is in the rules and they'll back down.

We're usually always on the bottom for upgrades into DL's domestic first class, but in my experience, if you're flying a route that doesn't have a lot of DL elites, then the upgrade into domestic first class works.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
I wondered if it was a poor implementation of supposedly free C+ for FB plat according to the FB website, but it is very confusing. I've also noticed that for a while (whereas before I'd be listed for both C+ and F upgrades).
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 4:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Finnair Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, National EE
Yeah this has been a case for a while. I'd started wondering if it's just me.

But if it's indeed necessary to call (yikes! what is this, 1999? not to mention the hour long wait times...) to get a COMF+ seat, that's pretty bad.

Then again, given the XP earning on domestics... I'd rather fly oneworld domestic in the states. Lounge access, etc...
Old Sep 23, 2022, 9:30 am

i was upgraded on sunday, first flight in the morning DFW-BOS. first time it happens, but it was a pleasant surprise. FB plat here.
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by straniero
i was upgraded on sunday, first flight in the morning DFW-BOS. first time it happens, but it was a pleasant surprise. FB plat here.
On some infrequent routes for DL Elites, FB Golds and Plats easily get upgrades. Like LGA/DTW-YYZ or LGA-MSP doesn't have a lot of elites and I've been upgraded every time on routes to and from YYZ. If you looks at the Delta forum, you can see which routes DL elites don't fly as often and sort-of exploit it
Old Sep 25, 2022, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by physicsdude
On some infrequent routes for DL Elites, FB Golds and Plats easily get upgrades. Like LGA/DTW-YYZ or LGA-MSP doesn't have a lot of elites and I've been upgraded every time on routes to and from YYZ. If you looks at the Delta forum, you can see which routes DL elites don't fly as often and sort-of exploit it
aaah that's cool! too bad most of the times I fly for work and then the choice of route is limited - e.g. use the shortest one between two offices. meh. god to know though, ty for the tip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.