Crediting AF flights to DL SkyMiles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2021, 1:53 pm
exp
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Crediting AF flights to DL SkyMiles

Booked a couple of short flights this month, on airfrance.com, using my FB number.

Figured I could change it to credit to my DL SM account after the booking but I can see no way to change it online.

I don't know how many miles from AF flights go to DL SM these days but I spent about 320 Euros for both flights, with checked luggage included.

So I tried calling their US number. The agent claimed my DL SM numbers were already in there but I don't see how that could be, since I never figured out a way to change it in managing the bookings.

Oh well, how long do FB miles last before expiration if unused?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 6:49 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
You can either do it during checkin at airport or by calling AF ..

if they claim your DL SM number is there then open your booking (do not login to your FB account) and check what data is thereAll your Miles are valid for life as long as you take an eligible flight on Air France, KLM, Aircalin, Kenya Airways, TAROM or other airline partners at least once every 2 year
Old Jun 14, 2021, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by exp
So I tried calling their US number. The agent claimed my DL SM numbers were already in there but I don't see how that could be, since I never figured out a way to change it in managing the bookings.
Be warned that, regardless of what you do now to add your Delta number to the reservation, the chances are very high that the miles will end up in Flying Blue - even if you specifically request at checkin to have your Delta Skymiles number put in, and even if your boarding pass shows only your Skymiles number. Once associated with any AF/KL booking, a Flying Blue number is very "sticky" and we have numerous reports down the years of people in your situation finding that the miles end up in FB.

Note that multiple FFP numbers can be associated with a single booking, so even if the most recent one added is the "correct" one, this is no guarantee that this is where the miles will actually post.

The best advice: do not book flights on AF or KL while logged in with a Flying Blue account. Although both the AF and KL sites will encourage you to log in using your FB credentials while making the booking, there is no need to, and if you don't want your miles going to Flying Blue, it is crucial that you do not log in using your FB details. It's also important never to later associated any bookings with your Flying Blue account.

Miles credited to AF Flying Blue instead of DL Skymiles. Help!
Removing Accidental Mile Credit from FlyingBlue Account
Remove Flight Incorrectly Posted to FlyingBlue
Crediting Delta Flights
Miles applied to wrong account
hhdl and ykkopesis like this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 12:00 pm
exp
Suspended
Original Poster

Hmm, live and learn I guess.

Well combined, both flights probably accrue like 700 miles.

So not a big thing. But I have a bunch of UR points so I could transfer some to get some short-haul redemption some day.

Transferring points will reset the expiration on the miles?

I remember a few years ago, I looked at redemptions and for big TATL business class tickets, it was not a good value nor was it easy to earn miles like tin the US programs. Only decent redemptions were some sales targeting specific North American airports for originating flights to CDG but rarely popular AF originating airports like SFO or LAX.

I can't imagine things have gotten better.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Agree; once a FB number has been in a booking and later changes to SM, IME they still post to FB. Previously, I have been able to get FB to deduct the miles again and get credit on DL, but only because I had a paper trail on Twitter where I specifically instructed KL to change my FB number to SM and I could thus show customer service that it was a technical error. A nice bonus was that even after the miles were removed from my FB account, I still received some Accor points due to their tie-up.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 6:33 am
exp
Suspended
Original Poster

I bought two AF tickets on this current trip.

BcN-CDG was bit of a struggle with the gate agent who asked me for Schengen visa. Eventually it sorted out bu needless to say, I didn’t bother to ask about changing where the miles credited.

ORY-NCE was this morning and there was a 30 minute queue just to deposit checked baggage. I printed out the luggage tag at kiosks but they made people queue up to check weights I guess? Periodicall they called out destinations to move some people up because if they waited their turn, they would miss boarding.

My suitcase was 26.1 kilo which cost me €75. I don’t have any Sky Team status if that would have made any difference. Agent said the fee would be same if I was 1 kg over.

well that represented 50-60% of the original airfare so I thought I’d report the data point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.