Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 12, 2020, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Gajan
Between 13 July and 31 December 2020, you will earn double miles and (U)XP on all AF and KL marketed flights.

Please see the link on Flying-blue.com:
https://www.flyingblue.com/en/news/doublemiles-doublexp
Print Wikipost

Double XP and Miles for 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2020, 6:19 am

Programs: BA, KLM
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
You can now qualify for a higher status level more easily, next to maintaining any current status.
Yes I see it now. I usually only manage 340-400 XP a year, so maintaining Platinum isn't usually a problem, but this qualifying year I think I will struggle, and my qualifying year ends Feb 2021 so I am glad of the status extension this time.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals/2021494-af-klm-ams-mex-rt-j-204-xp-1100-a.html

CDG-MEX operated with AF 777 Best Product.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Dougy Giro
Am I missing something here, but what is the point of mileage runs this year if you will be maintaining your status anyway "
It's for all those who want to increase their status (the remaining threshold they have to clear has been effectively halved*), or indeed those Ivories/Explorers who want to gain status.

*if they can attain this threshold by the end of December, or the end of their current qualification year, whichever comes first. Of course, if they can do a "run", they could advance by more than just one level; if one sticks to AF/KL coded flights, Silver effectively requires the equivalent of 50 "normal" XP; after that, Gold effectively requires the equivalent of a further 90 "normal" XP; and after that, Platinum requires the equivalent of a further 150 "normal" XP. One could go from Explorer all the way to Platinum, if done in what is left of calendar year 2020, for a little less than the amount of flying that would normally be required to attain Platinum from a standing start of Gold, or to maintain Platinum without a rollover (or a rollover of 10XP or less!)
Dougy Giro likes this.

Last edited by irishguy28; Jul 14, 2020 at 3:15 am
Old Jul 13, 2020, 7:42 am

Programs: TK Elite, FB Gold
This makes the BLL mileage runs more tempting even considering you're probably gonna need to spend there 1-2 nights.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Well, my membership year ends on 31st October. At the moment I still need 88XP to get there, but I understand that my status will be renewed irrespective of XP collected this year. So that leaves me November and December to do a couple of runs for next year, which will hopefully net me some XP for the future. It's a busy time of year for me, especially with everything having being postponed due to Corona, but hopefully I can do something.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 11:55 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
I had my April, May and August trips cancelled due to AF, KE and KL cancelling my flights so I've missed out on earning 238XP this year. My only remaining trip that I had booked pre-Covid is in December with MH (which is an FB partner to earn XP and Miles). Due to work/family commitments I cannot fly outside of my initially planned Apr/May/Aug/Dec trips so this offer is of no use to me as I cannot fly at any other times. I will still get the 300XP subtracted on 1st January 2021 as I am Platinum and started 2020 with 683XP. So there remain some people that still get no assistance from FB. I would have preferred FB instead to just issue XP and Miles for flights that airlines cancelled.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by B0gdan
This makes the BLL mileage runs more tempting even considering you're probably gonna need to spend there 1-2 nights.
If I end up having to do BLL, then I will do it. But it would be much more useful for me to find something to the UK, perhaps HUY or LBA if those destinations still work.
We're not going to be in this to enjoy the service, though, by the look of things.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 1:08 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
They are having a discount on CDG-LHR business class 280€ rt/ 60 XP. Nothing to expect from the service, but for those needing to fly this route and looking for some XPs, it's a pretty good deal.

Last edited by IstKong; Jul 13, 2020 at 1:15 pm
Old Jul 13, 2020, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great. That gives a ratio of €4.67 per XP (under the current promotion). Suggestions like this are what we need. We should collect all ideas here, or in the mileage run thread, so we've got something to work from in terms of possible XP runs (I suppose we could call them XPRs!!).
Old Jul 13, 2020, 2:27 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
Originally Posted by Concerto
Great. That gives a ratio of €4.67 per XP (under the current promotion). Suggestions like this are what we need. We should collect all ideas here, or in the mileage run thread, so we've got something to work from in terms of possible XP runs (I suppose we could call them XPRs!!).
And then be surprised when your XP savings account becomes useless when the Flying Blue program gets another make-over in a year or so?
Old Jul 13, 2020, 4:33 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
I just booked UK-AMS-CDG-BER and back for £500 giving me 180 XP that I need to get back to gold, not the best value trip just for the points but the dates and times fit my timetable and I needed to be in Germany.
I might fit in a trip to Norway to ensure that I have 180 rollover XPs for next year giving me gold for another year on top.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Flew FCO-AMS-PRG (KL+OK) yesterday. Double XP already posted. Miles too but oh those 148 miles...
Old Jul 14, 2020, 1:55 am

Anyone has experience how to change a DL ticketed flight with DL flight number but KL operated into a KL flight number in order to have double XP?
Old Jul 14, 2020, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Loualex1399
Anyone has experience how to change a DL ticketed flight with DL flight number but KL operated into a KL flight number in order to have double XP?
call and ask and you’ll see. No risk to ask.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Loualex1399
See: AF rebooked me on a DL flight, not the codeshare flight

Does attempting to change the ticket yourself not allow you to "move" to a KL coded flight? (I don't have any active DL bookings so can't verify for myself what their rebooking policy and/or interface looks like right now; but given that most airlines are allowing all and any kind of changes over and above what is normally possible, there is a good chance you can play around with your ticket already)

If not, ring the person/agent that sold you the ticket, and ask them if they can change the ticket in the manner you want.

Last edited by irishguy28; Jul 14, 2020 at 3:24 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.