Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

AF rebooked me on a DL flight, not the codeshare flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2020, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Good morning.

My gut's feeling tells me it is going to mess up, and I wanted to see if anyone had a similar situation.

I booked a RT direct flight to CDG from JFK on Air France website. On the return flight I was confirmed for AF 3628. For some reason the codeshare flight disappeared. AF emailed saying my flight was cancelled and re-booked me on DL 263, which is the codeshare flight for AF 3628. So now I have an AF issued ticket, with a reservation on a DL flight.

I think I will run into difficulties when checking in at CDG on my way back to JFK. The reason is I was able to locate my reservation on AF and DL websites, but after the change I don't see it on DL website anymore. Am I wrong?

Thanks,
Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I don’t see why you should run into problems as this is very regular business practices for AF and DL. But it is for sure troublesome if you cannot see anymore on DL site (I understand you can see it on AF site but not DL, right ?). Normally AF PNR are recognized on DL site. You may ring AF to obtain the DL booking reference and enter it on DL site.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Goldorak
I don’t see why you should run into problems as this is very regular business practices for AF and DL. But it is for sure troublesome if you cannot see anymore on DL site (I understand you can see it on AF site but not DL, right ?). Normally AF PNR are recognized on DL site. You may ring AF to obtain the DL booking reference and enter it on DL site.
Thanks for the reply. I did receive DL's PNR and my reservation is not showing up on DL's website. It is weird.

I am surprised to learn that this is a regular business practice among AF and DL (maybe KLM too). I am surprised because my ticket was issued by AF, so when I credit the mileage to Skymiles, I get 200% miles on the distance flown (I am flying Z class). If Skymiles recognizes my CDG-JFK leg is DL 263, not AF 3628, I think skymiles will credit my miles in the rate of 4 miles per EUR. And I fly business class in a cheap way......
Old Jun 19, 2020, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by naoh853
I did receive DL's PNR and my reservation is not showing up on DL's website.
Call DL with your ticket number and see DL can pull up anything. If not, then it is a problem on the AF side.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Thanks for the reply. I did receive DL's PNR and my reservation is not showing up on DL's website. It is weird.
it’s weird indeed. You’d better ring DL to make sure everything is OK.

I am surprised to learn that this is a regular business practice among AF and DL (maybe KLM too). I am surprised because my ticket was issued by AF, so when I credit the mileage to Skymiles, I get 200% miles on the distance flown (I am flying Z class). If Skymiles recognizes my CDG-JFK leg is DL 263, not AF 3628, I think skymiles will credit my miles in the rate of 4 miles per EUR. And I fly business class in a cheap way......
You forget an essential point. You bought a ticket to go from A to B and this is what the airline needs to do. If, for whatever reason (cancellation, irrops, etc), they need to rebook you on another flight number, code share etc, they will do it because their job is to transport you from A to B. FFP considération will come only next and it will come from the pax and not from the airline. And’ in that situation, yes AF/KL/DL do that all the time if required, as it is very easy being part of a JV and, on top of that, being in the same alliance. If you have requirements because of your FFP earnings, you have to express them with the airline when processing your rebooking . I understand you want to be booked under AF code rather than DL and the good news is that it’s going to be easy with the number of flights on this route, all of them except one being AF-operated. I am speaking about the schedule in normal times of course.
naoh853 and tecate55 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 5:05 am

Programs: FB Ultimate, Accor Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond,Avis President, Hertz President Club
Originally Posted by Goldorak
it’s weird indeed. You’d better ring DL to make sure everything is OK.

You forget an essential point. You bought a ticket to go from A to B and this is what the airline needs to do. If, for whatever reason (cancellation, irrops, etc), they need to rebook you on another flight number, code share etc, they will do it because their job is to transport you from A to B. FFP considération will come only next and it will come from the pax and not from the airline. And’ in that situation, yes AF/KL/DL do that all the time if required, as it is very easy being part of a JV and, on top of that, being in the same alliance. If you have requirements because of your FFP earnings, you have to express them with the airline when processing your rebooking . I understand you want to be booked under AF code rather than DL and the good news is that it’s going to be easy with the number of flights on this route, all of them except one being AF-operated. I am speaking about the schedule in normal times of course.
I'm having the same issue on flights to US in codeshare with DL. Both bookings don't show neither at DL website nor at the DL App.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Delta had a system issue the past week. You should be able to see your reservations now. Mine started working again yesterday.
naoh853 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 6:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
It's possible the new flight is on separate PNR but still same e-ticket. You may have 1 AF and 2 DL PNRs in your situation
naoh853 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.