Search

AF retrofit schedule

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2020, 3:50 am
HNS
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Delta SkyMiles
AF retrofit schedule

Boy did I mess up. I just booked my family flights from MIA to CDG. I flew this route two times before, both times in an A380s so I was excited to select the 777-300ER, thinking it will have the new J product.

Well, just went in to select my seats and it turns out it’s the 2-3-2 co figuration.

I’m really bummed since I was telling my kid about the lie-flat seat, showing him pictures of it and got them excited over the experience.

I’m still within my 24h window to cancel, but I was wondering if I might be lucky and by the time we fly the plane will be retrofitted. Except I don’t know where to look... Flight number is AF99, flying on sept 3rd.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:10 am

Programs: FB Gold
I might be mistaken, but I don't foresee Miami regularly getting a different J config, it's not a destination usually served by the 777 COI (the 77W sub-fleet undergoing renovation) nor la Première.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:55 am
HNS
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlin32
I might be mistaken, but I don't foresee Miami regularly getting a different J config, it's not a destination usually served by the 777 COI (the 77W sub-fleet undergoing renovation) nor la Première.
Thanks. What about KL or VS?
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by HNS
Thanks. What about KL or VS?
All their seats are lie-flat.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by HNS
I’m really bummed since I was telling my kid about the lie-flat seat, showing him pictures of it and got them excited over the experience.
I hope your kids will survive this horrible experience to fly J in a 2-3-2 config...
Porcepic and mlin32 like this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:39 pm
HNS
Original Poster

Haha, Goldorak , thanks for the slap, I didn’t want to come as over pretentious. I’m pretty sure that given a choice, we’d all go for the newest product.

Anyway thanks to irishguy28’s intervention earlier I called and rebooked on VS with an extra 19k miles per person.
Goldorak and Xandrios like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.