Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas and Flying Blue: new partnership

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by CXCPA
So there is no lounge for KLM flts in the Schengen area in AMS for QF elite members ?
Why do you say that?

Are you speaking from personal experience? (turned away from the Schengen Crown Lounge)

(And isn't this a discussion for the corresponding thread in the QFF section? It makes more sense to discuss repercussions/issues/experiences for QFF in the QFF thread, and keep the FB thread for the repercussions/issues/experiences of those using Flying Blue!)
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:38 am

Apologies. I am trying to find out if anyone knows and is trying to infer from the QF website. I am unable to find a similar post in QFF. Not sure if creating another similar topic thread in QFF pages is actually preferred. From the QF websites, it only says "Benefits included for QF codeshare services operated by KLM" have lounge access in SIN and AMS. Not sure about lounge privileges in AMS on a KLM metal with KL Coded ticket, or at least nothing is written on that or vice versa privileges for KL elites in QF lounges. KL website details are even more brief on the partnership.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CXCPA
Apologies. I am trying to find out if anyone knows and is trying to infer from the QF website. I am unable to find a similar post in QFF. Not sure if creating another similar topic thread in QFF pages is actually preferred.
<snip>
QF forum Air France - QANTAS resumes codeshare partnership from July 2018
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:18 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by maxvor
A bit OT, but QF, together with NZ, lounges are the only ones that have coffee worth drinking from my experience of around ~250 lounges worldwide. Emirates First Class lounge takes remote third spot. In fact, those lounges will give many downtown coffeeshops a run for their money (not mentioning NZ's experience of having your coffee ordered via app and have it ready by the time you enter the lounge).
I loved AZ coffee. Properly made on the spot by a person, not machine drip...
greggyfroggy and irishguy28 like this.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by henrus
Suprisingly still no ability to add a Qantas number to an Air France or KLM booking online.

Has anyone else had any luck?
Note: you can add it at check-in, or at the airport, or even do a retro-claim. It's not necessary to have it in the booking in advance.

Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Note: you can add it at check-in, or at the airport, or even do a retro-claim. It's not necessary to have it in the booking in advance.

Yep have just noticed that... wasn't there a few days ago so it's obviously just been added.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:44 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Partnership with Jetstar

From Agentconnect:

Nieuwe codeshare overeenkomst tussen KLM en Jetstar (JQ)
Vanaf 15 februari 2020 wordt KLM-passagiers de mogelijkheid geboden om via Denpasar (DPS) op Bali door te vliegen naar de volgende steden in Australië:
Adelaide (ADL),
Melbourne (MEL),
Perth (PER),
Sydney (SYD).
Deze vluchten worden uitgevoerd door Jetstar (JQ) en staan nu als KLM marketed vluchten geladen in uw GDS.

Met ingang van het zomerschema 2020 zal het KLM route netwerk (Jetstar operated) verder worden uitgebreid op de volgende routes:
Denpasar (DPS) – Darwin (DRW)
Denpasar – Cairns (CNS)
Denpasar – Brisbane (BNE)
Seoul Inchon (ICN) – Gold Coast (OOL).
Passagiers en bagage kunnen worden ingecheckt tot aan hun eindbestemming (Inter Airline Through check-in). Verder kunnen Flying Blue Elite kaarthouders reizende op KL*/JQ vluchten gebruik maken van de Qantas lounges op de luchthavens van Singapore (SIN), Brisbane (BNE), Sydney (SYD) en Melbourne (MEL). Op dit moment is het automatisch bijschrijven van mileage op deze vluchten nog niet mogelijk. Mileage kan wel worden bijgeschreven middels online retro-credit verzoeken
In short, lounge access will be proved for FB elite members at these airports (in bold).

With the new partnerships, would be nice if Flying Blue could update the partner pages to reflect which benefits FB elite members get (for non Skyteam partners).
Old Mar 2, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: FB-PFL / MH-G / QF-S
Quick report on the Qantas / AirFranceKLM situation. Information are still patchy and the rules are quite blurry for everyone I guess, especially regarding lounge access. I just had to do a quick return trip to Melbourne from KUL via SIN in Economy and chose a Qantas flight. I was denied lounge access in Singapore as the agents argued it was only for codeshare flights / tickets and was not entitled for it on a QF Flight / QF ticket. Regarding my return trip from Melbourne, the check in agent informed me to head to the First Class lounge as I was Platinum (I had not even bothered to ask for lounge access). Of course, upon arriving at the lounge I was requested to head to the Business Class lounge instead as they explained the agreement with AF was for the Business Lounge only. At least I got lounge access without asking. Why is it automatic in Melbourne and denied in Singapore is a mystery.

On another note, I confirm the miles and XPs were posted on my account within two days. My Qantas Boarding Passes clearly mentioned my AF FF number.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greggyfroggy
I just had to do a quick return trip to Melbourne from KUL via SIN in Economy and chose a Qantas flight. I was denied lounge access in Singapore as the agents argued it was only for codeshare flights / tickets and was not entitled for it on a QF Flight / QF ticket.
According to your profile, you are Qantas Gold. Why did you not produce your membership card to get access to the lounge in Singapore?
Attached Images  
Old Mar 2, 2020, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by greggyfroggy
Quick report on the Qantas / AirFranceKLM situation. Information are still patchy and the rules are quite blurry for everyone I guess, especially regarding lounge access. I just had to do a quick return trip to Melbourne from KUL via SIN in Economy and chose a Qantas flight. I was denied lounge access in Singapore as the agents argued it was only for codeshare flights / tickets and was not entitled for it on a QF Flight / QF ticket. Regarding my return trip from Melbourne, the check in agent informed me to head to the First Class lounge as I was Platinum (I had not even bothered to ask for lounge access). Of course, upon arriving at the lounge I was requested to head to the Business Class lounge instead as they explained the agreement with AF was for the Business Lounge only. At least I got lounge access without asking. Why is it automatic in Melbourne and denied in Singapore is a mystery.

On another note, I confirm the miles and XPs were posted on my account within two days. My Qantas Boarding Passes clearly mentioned my AF FF number.
At SIN what lounge did you try to enter? QF lounge?
Was it a QF or AF flight number (marketed)?
What is your AF/KLM status?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
According to your profile, you are Qantas Gold. Why did you not produce your membership card to get access to the lounge in Singapore?
Thanks. I had not updated my profile for a while. It’s now corrected. I am now in Malaysia so I switched to Enrich.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
At SIN what lounge did you try to enter? QF lounge?
Was it a QF or AF flight number (marketed)?
What is your AF/KLM status?
i tried the QF lounge and they called the Dnata lounge but to no avail.

it was a QF ticket / QF Flight / QF Metal
i am AF Platinum

As explained, there were no questions asked in Melbourne regarding the entitlement (apart from the confusion of the Check in agent who thought I was entitled to the First Lounge).
Simgapore do not seem to have the same understanding.
There is nothing I could find in writing anywhere.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It my understanding that your 1st agent was right : lounge access on QF for FB ELITE+ is only when flying under AFKL code.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: FB Plat./BA Gold (thanks BD)/A3 *Gold/HH Diamond/A Club Gold
Actually, under the new rules, any QF coded/operated flight now gives Elite benefits.

Last week thanks to Coronavurus I ended up flying Brisbane-Hong Kong-Frankfurt-Paris with a Lufthansa ticket (purchased directly from Lufthansa after China Eastern unceremoniously cancelled our flight). The Brisbane-Hong sector was on a QF coded and QF operated flight - all sectors in economy.

At check-in in Brisbane we tentatively headed for the Business Class check-in counter with low expecations - and the three of us (2xPlat, 1xSilver) were immediately intercepted and redirected - to a first class counter... Excellent check in, seats reassigned to first rows in Economy with middle seats blocked, priority security passes given, lounge access, excess luggage was fine (even on the lufthy flights, thank you), luggage ticketed as priory through to CDG, etc.

So all good and as promised!

P.S. The priority tag of course resulted in our bags coming off last in CDG, but I was just delighted to see them at all...
Old Oct 28, 2021, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Does anyone know for sure if a QF flight (QF sold, QF metal) will result in extending mileage expiry. KLM website says skyteam partners, but it also lists as +XP earning like a ST partner (and first post implies), so is it a partial extension or a full extension. Getting into the last 2 months...

KF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.