Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Extend miles expiration date with cheap Transavia ticket & purchase miles as add-on?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extend miles expiration date with cheap Transavia ticket & purchase miles as add-on?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2019, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

I would like to extend my Flying Blue miles expiration date and was thinking of purchasing a cheap Transavia ticket (Basic Fare). According to the following webpage, the Basic Fare tickets don't earn miles: https://www.transavia.com/en-EU/faq/...a-flying-blue/. However, according to the following webpage, you can purchase 250 miles as an add-on to the Basic Fare ticket: https://www.transavia.com/en-EU/faq/...the-basic-fare. Does anybody know if this will extend my Flying Blue miles expiration date? To be clear, I was also planning to board the flight, not just purchase the ticket.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You won’t extend your miles when flying on Transavia except if it is booked as a KL codeshare - which is only possible when you buy a connecting ticket involving at least one “regular” KL flight on KL mainline.

Only flights that earn XPs extend the lifetime of your miles.

You are not “earning” miles when you acquire them in this manner - it is effectively the same as just buying miles for cash.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Actually, the Transavia page on the FB website states that miles will extend the lifetime of your mileage balance.

I'm still a little reluctant to rely on that; perhaps someone who has recently flown an HV sector can verify if it has really extended their mileage lifetime?

https://www.flyingblue.nl/en/partner...a/presentation
Attached Images  
Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: KLM Royal Wing (those were the days)
I flew BEG-AMS-BEG with Transavia in November 2018. I received travel miles but not XP points (as expected) and extended the validity of my travel miles(1million +) which were due to expire in January 2019) until November 2020.
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: KLM Royal Wing (those were the days)
Originally Posted by farleigh
I flew BEG-AMS-BEG with Transavia in November 2018. I received travel miles but not XP points (as expected) and extended the validity of my travel miles(1million +) which were due to expire in January 2019) until November 2020.
To be more precise, I purchased a Plus fare and received 250 miles each way.
KL803 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2020, 1:23 am
Original Poster

I can confirm that buying mileage accrual for 5 Euros for a cheap Transavia ticket did extend the lifetime of all my miles.
Goldorak and Maestro Ramen like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.