Wiki Posts
Search

Best Recourse for a Refund on a ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Best Recourse for a Refund on a ticket

I bought a fully refundable JFK-CDG ticket for this Summer knowing there's a good chance I won't be able to make it because of my crazy work schedule. I booked this ticket back in April for July travel so the ticket wasn't that much more for it to be refundable. I booked it on the AF website so I could credit to Delta and RDM based on distance flown.

Unfortunately I cant't make the trip keep getting the runaround from Air France on getting a refund. First I requested a refund online and got no email confirmation. I then got an email from Delta saying they will process the refund, less a 20 EUR refund fee (Which was not disclosed when booking, I checked all the terms). Fine, I agree to the 20 EUR fee. But I still don't have a refund and the reservation still appears active on the Air France website.

I called up Air France and they said it's still active, they show no record of the cancellation request. They said they will provide a refund, but it might take 1-2 billing cycles for the refund to show up on my CC.

I have now been waiting nearly a month for a refund, the reservation still appears active on AF.us and I still haven't gotten a refund. Anyone with any advice on who to contact? Beyond me why they want to keep making it look like I'm flying when I'm not.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
If it's a KLM ticket: https://www.klm.com/travel/at_en/cus...icket_cost.htm
You'll get a ticket number in your Email that you can refer to. Never failed me.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
It's a AF marketed DL Operated flight, no KLM involved. Can I still request a refund on KLM?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.