Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Same-day flight change fee waiver on DL for FB elites?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2019, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat

Hi all,

I thought this question is better suited for a FB forum than for a Delta forum, but feel free to move it.

As you know, Delta allows same-day changes at a moderate fee, and this fee is waived for their own Gold/Platinum/Diamond Medallions. In the past, Flying Blue Golds (I presume also Platinums, but I never reached that level ) could have the fee waived as well. As recently as in February, I asked nicely and had myself moved to an earlier domestic time, cutting the layover by four hours.

However, yesterday I tried to get myself on an earlier flight again and was told in no uncertain terms that despite my FF status, I would have to pay the fee. The check-in agent was quite surprised by this, she even tried calling "support team", but received no response. I was then asked to talk to the gate agent, who manually overrode the system at gate and moved me to an earlier flight.

So my question is: is Delta now charging officially Flying Blue elites the same-day change fee, or did I just hit a glitch?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:43 am

I always had full Platinum treatment regarding same day changes and standby and fee waivers. Just never any upgrade since the old Northwest died away from Delta and we are now lower than lowest for upgrades.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
I tried to do that 2 years ago and was told there would be the normal fee. I don't see why they would waive the fee for FB elite even though I would surely appreciate it.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
I never had any issue in the past, now it's more YMMV. So, while I believe a nice gate agent can make it happen, don't really count on it anymore.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FlyingBlue Plat
Thanks for all your comments!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
I was charged the SDC fee back in 2015.

But it was a phone agent, even though I was calling the AF/KL line in Canada.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by tbaiyun
I was charged the SDC fee back in 2015.

But it was a phone agent, even though I was calling the AF/KL line in Canada.
It’s no surprise that AFKL will charge a fee.

However, the OP is enquiring about dealing exclusively with Delta regarding a Delta ticket.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:44 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
In the meantime once I arrived very early to CDG and tried to switch to an earlier short-haul connecting flight that had plenty of seats available, was quoted 500 Euros for the change. Learned the hard way that SDC/SDS is not among the AF business practices.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by SDQBound
In the meantime once I arrived very early to CDG and tried to switch to an earlier short-haul connecting flight that had plenty of seats available, was quoted 500 Euros for the change. Learned the hard way that SDC/SDS is not among the AF business practices.
Not only AF. Same for most European airlines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.