Wiki Posts
Search

Silver to Gold (Flying Blue)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa, AirFrance
Silver to Gold (Flying Blue)

I'm currently a Silver member and am reaching 180XP after my travel to Thailand by the end of April.
I just booked another trip (Stockholm) for the end of May with my current status (Silver) but by the time of this Stockholm travel, I will be Gold.

My questions are :
Would I have SkyPriority as a Gold in May even though by the time of Stockholm reservation, I was Silver?
What happens with the seat selection (currently I took 20D and it would be great if I could book somewhere more in front like 10D).

Can't wait to have my gold card for the first time Thanks!
fifty_two and ndg90 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Congrats in advance for your Gold status
once you become gold, check your booking to see if your new status is well reflected. If not you may call the Elite line to manually delete and re-enter the FB number. So you may enjoy all the perks of Elite Plus status.
Slussen and paris1000 like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa, AirFrance
Thanks!

So you are saying in any way, I can enjoy the perks for my flights in May. That's great!

I probably should make another thread to ask this question but, I know I can bring a friend of mine who is travelling with me to Stockholm to the lounge, but will he be able to use SkyPriority with me? He isn't a FB member.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Slussen
Thanks!

So you are saying in any way, I can enjoy the perks for my flights in May. That's great!

I probably should make another thread to ask this question but, I know I can bring a friend of mine who is travelling with me to Stockholm to the lounge, but will he be able to use SkyPriority with me? He isn't a FB member.
yes your status will be updated as soon as the XP and miles of your Thailand flight will be credited. You may not have received your new FB card at the time of your flight to ARN, but your digital card will be available in AF or KL app. Alternatively (if you don’t have the AF or the KL app), you can make a printout of your new card from the website). You will have for sure to present it at the contract lounge AF is using in ARN.
You can indeed bring a guest in the lounge. For SkyP security, it’s no problem in CDG but it can be more a problem at some outstations. Just ask, no risk.
Slussen likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: FB Platinum (SkyTeam Elite Plus)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Congrats in advance for your Gold status
once you become gold, check your booking to see if your new status is well reflected. If not you may call the Elite line to manually delete and re-enter the FB number. So you may enjoy all the perks of Elite Plus status.
Actually, this was not possible for me with a Delta booking as a FlyingBlue silver then gold member...
I booked flights with DL when I was Silver, then I went Gold three months before this DL flight. When I checked-in with DL my boarding pass showed Silver...
No one (I mean nor FlyingBlue nor Delta) was able to make me Gold on my BP when CI. Delta said that was FlyingBlue mistake and FB said it was Delta... (they even re-entered my FB number with no effect).
I was not allowed to use SkyPriority lane, SP boarding, and I had to insist with my Gold card to enter the lounge (for my international flight)...
So I would say it depends on which company you fly with because not all the computer systems are linked to each other.
Slussen likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.