Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyTeam Elite+ - AF no longer opening up seat maps?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alitalia MilleMiglia
SkyTeam Elite+ - AF no longer opening up seat maps?

Hi Everyone

I have SkyTeam Elite Plus status through Alitalia, I currently travel with AF every couple of weeks on European flights to and from Paris. I have noticed in the last three weeks that when I go to check-in online, the full seat map is not now available for me as it used to be, to select a seat, and I am often placed in row 12 or further back. Has something changed recently with AF and the ability to select a seat for SkyTeam Elite Plus members of other programmes?
Old Dec 19, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
From an AF Platinum point of view, I also noticed a decrease in term of seats available immediately after check-in opens.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Something has definitely changed.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:38 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Is this Joon flights?
I have noticed such things on a coming Flight to Stockholm...
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:04 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I noticed that my seat reservation for an AF flight AMS-CDG in early Jan was changed; From 7C to 9C and now to 12C. Now the seat map does not let me choose anything before row 11 (exit row). What's going on
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

It happens to me on both AF and JOON. I’ve just checked the seat map again for my flight tomorrow to Birmingham from CDG and I have now been given a middle exit row seat and the rest of the seat map is blocked out. There is no possible way that this flight is full, it never is and even though we are in the run-up to Christmas, I very much doubt tomorrow’s will be. Therefore I can only assume that there is a fault with the AF system regarding seat access for STE+ members or they’ve changed the rules. Not good.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I noticed that my seat reservation for an AF flight AMS-CDG in early Jan was changed; From 7C to 9C and now to 12C. Now the seat map does not let me choose anything before row 11 (exit row). What's going on
curtain moved ?
Old Dec 20, 2018, 4:48 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak

curtain moved ?
Actually..yes. You're absolutely right, they moved the curtain from row 4 (I think) all the way until the exit row. A bit surprising to have such a large business cabin, but at least this is a proper reason to be reseated
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:22 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
AMS-CDG is notoriously premium heavy, I expect due to all the long haul connections.

I've seen once even curtain behind exit row.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: FB Ultimate, Accor Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond,Avis President, Hertz President Club
In some flights, mostly on "La Navette" flights they used to place the Platinum members on the first rows of the cabin. Now, they have a policy where if you are "Abonné" and paid full fare or just normal passenger and paid full fare, they have right to the seats on the front of the cabin. Therefore, the Platinums having paid basic fare or weekend fare or other are kicked to the back of the cabin...Proof that if you are Platinum who spent a lot on travelling during the year but you bought a low fare ticket, they don't care...Not really nice as the loyalty counts less and less...
Mirk, Squerez and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by AlexBelt
In some flights, mostly on "La Navette" flights they used to place the Platinum members on the first rows of the cabin. Now, they have a policy where if you are "Abonné" and paid full fare or just normal passenger and paid full fare, they have right to the seats on the front of the cabin. Therefore, the Platinums having paid basic fare or weekend fare or other are kicked to the back of the cabin...Proof that if you are Platinum who spent a lot on travelling during the year but you bought a low fare ticket, they don't care...Not really nice as the loyalty counts less and less...
I have never witnessed this. I was and am still always seated at the front of the cabin even on light fares.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 2:26 pm

Programs: FB Ultimate, Accor Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond,Avis President, Hertz President Club
Originally Posted by Goldorak
I have never witnessed this. I was and am still always seated at the front of the cabin even on light fares.
Hi Goldorak,

Thanks for your reply. Interesting as it happens to me lately on ORY-MRS-ORY flights. Maybe is because you're Ultimate Platinum? I'm Platinum since 4 years now and fly quite a lot. Every time I experience this I call the Platinum line and get such answer as mentioned above (which has been inconsistent as they say also is a weight and balance issue, airport blocking the seats, or simply they can't move you to another seat because...) I've reported this to the agents at the airport, Platinum Line, and even to the purser when he/she approaches to say hi.

In any case I feel this not really nice from them.

Cheers,

Alex
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by AlexBelt
Hi Goldorak,

Thanks for your reply. Interesting as it happens to me lately on ORY-MRS-ORY flights. Maybe is because you're Ultimate Platinum? I'm Platinum since 4 years now and fly quite a lot. Every time I experience this I call the Platinum line and get such answer as mentioned above (which has been inconsistent as they say also is a weight and balance issue, airport blocking the seats, or simply they can't move you to another seat because...) I've reported this to the agents at the airport, Platinum Line, and even to the purser when he/she approaches to say hi.

In any case I feel this not really nice from them.

Cheers,

Alex
I thought about it (Ultimate), but frankly I am not sure. I have a close relative who is "regular" platinum travelling sometimes on domestic lines from ORY who has not had this problem. So as you are several here reporting this, it worths to report it to AF.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My experience matches that of Alexbelt on a recent cheapo (€50 o/w) MRS-ORY flight, where I was shifted way back despite being Plat and no seat available to me in the first 15 rows. Later on, however, they did move me much further forward.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: FB Plat, SQ*G, OW Emerald, Hertz PC
Last week, CDG-LYS on a “mini” fare. Nothing available in front of row 11 for me (A321). Also during check-in, not became available. The seats in front (row 4-10) got occupied by -from my own judgement- a very random selection of passengers incl. small children/families.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.