Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bank of America Flying Blue USA Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
I might be missing something here, but apart from the offered XP, 3x miles on every $ is markedly worse than most general purpose travel cards like the Amex Platinum that does almost double at 5 MR / $. Why would anyone charge their KLM / AF flights to this card?
Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by caliform
I might be missing something here, but apart from the offered XP, 3x miles on every $ is markedly worse than most general purpose travel cards like the Amex Platinum that does almost double at 5 MR / $. Why would anyone charge their KLM / AF flights to this card?
You are right. There is no advantage to scoring the 3X with them after hitting the spend threshold for the XP. Might as well earn those in the form of Chase UR or similar. I think the Chase BA does a great job in this regard where they offer a 10% discount on BA flights for using the card so you are inclined to swipe the Chase BA Card.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by caliform
Not everyone in the US can afford or wants the high annual fee of the Amex Platinum.

I keep it just for the annual 20XP boost, worth it for 89 USD fee.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I received an email inviting me to apply for this card for a 70K mile signup bonus. I did so on May 20. I saved a screenshot of my account # and info. Didn't receive the card. Left town June 4; returned June 18. Still no card, but I had a letter dated June 13 stating I was approved for the card and it would arrive in the next two weeks. As of June 25, still no card, so I called the number on the confirmation letter. After a 10 minute wait, I spoke to an agent who told me that I hadn't received my card because they were missing some information. I told her that if that was the case, why hadn't BoA contacted me and said they were missing information? I reiterated to her that the only communication I received was the confirmation letter of June 13. She seemed puzzled, and opened a complaint file. She then asked me if I'd like to give the info now. I told her just to cancel the account. I'm leaving the country for 5 weeks, and with my account opening date of May 20, my 90 days would be almost up and I couldn't receive the bonus.

What a bunch of nonsense. Never again. A totally wasted hit on my credit report.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by hotturnip
I received an email inviting me to apply for this card for a 70K mile signup bonus. I did so on May 20. I saved a screenshot of my account # and info. Didn't receive the card. Left town June 4; returned June 18. Still no card, but I had a letter dated June 13 stating I was approved for the card and it would arrive in the next two weeks. As of June 25, still no card, so I called the number on the confirmation letter. After a 10 minute wait, I spoke to an agent who told me that I hadn't received my card because they were missing some information. I told her that if that was the case, why hadn't BoA contacted me and said they were missing information? I reiterated to her that the only communication I received was the confirmation letter of June 13. She seemed puzzled, and opened a complaint file. She then asked me if I'd like to give the info now. I told her just to cancel the account. I'm leaving the country for 5 weeks, and with my account opening date of May 20, my 90 days would be almost up and I couldn't receive the bonus.

What a bunch of nonsense. Never again. A totally wasted hit on my credit report.
i thought BOA would already give you a card number to use before card arrive! that's what their website says.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 1:04 pm
ofj

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Peklovetennis
i thought BOA would already give you a card number to use before card arrive! that's what their website says.
I got approved but they didn't give me a card # to use before I received my physical card
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:26 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Peklovetennis
They did, but I can't take that to Walmart or a gas station.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 6:39 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Has anyone been able to get another Bank of America Air France credit card bonus while still has an open Bank of America Air France credit card? I don't see any restrictions noted.

Bonus Miles and XP Offer. Receive 60 XP upon account opening. Limit one opening of account XP bonus per Flying Blue member. You will qualify for 70,000 bonus miles and an additional 40 XP if you use your new credit card account to make any combination of purchase transactions totaling at least $2,000 (exclusive of any fees, including the annual fee, returns and adjustments) that post to your account within 90 days of the account open date. Cash Advances and Balance Transfers do not apply for purposes of this offer. This one-time promotion is limited to customers opening a new account in response to this offer and will not apply to requests to convert existing accounts. Your account must be open with active charging privileges in order to receive this offer. Other advertised promotional bonus miles and XP offers can vary from this promotion and may not be substituted. Allow 4-6 weeks from qualifying for the bonus miles and XP to post to the primary cardholder's Flying Blue account. The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, nor our affiliates, provide tax advice.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 10:15 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by hotturnip
They did, but I can't take that to Walmart or a gas station.
They don't allow you to load it into Apple or Google Pay? Then you'd be able to use the 'virtual' card for in-person payments just fine.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 6:14 am

So. I was approved for the BOA/AFKLM card on May 12th 2022. Received the 60 bonus XP’s by 14th but the statement didnt end until June 22nd. This 60 pushed me to Silver (was at 44). According to Flying Blue my renewal for silver ends 5/31/23.

My question is: When is my anniversary date where the 20XP’s would be deposited? I’m currently at 93XPs. And of course the fine print say 4-6 weeks after anniversary…but looking for some data point or (cough) experience points. Im seeing a world where the 93 gets reset to 0 then 20.

Last edited by Crash_Log; Oct 10, 2022 at 6:16 am Reason: Omitted data
Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by opus2002
Has anyone been able to get another Bank of America Air France credit card bonus while still has an open Bank of America Air France credit card? I don't see any restrictions noted.

Yes, though did not get the welcome XPs on #2, though did get the SUB XPs along with SUB miles. I called and asked prior to opening #2 whether it was OK to open a 2nd card. They said it was not a problem.
opus2002 and 808traveler like this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by miles4CDG
Yes, though did not get the welcome XPs on #2, though did get the SUB XPs along with SUB miles. I called and asked prior to opening #2 whether it was OK to open a 2nd card. They said it was not a problem.
Thank you. I am debating now whether to wait or go for it, as offer has dropped back down to 50k miles + $100 statement credit by doing dummy booking.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 6:38 am

Programs: FB Platinum, AA Plat/2MM, SPG Plat/LT Gold
Originally Posted by opus2002
Thank you. I am debating now whether to wait or go for it, as offer has dropped back down to 50k miles + $100 statement credit by doing dummy booking.
I would wait until (hopefully) another 70K/40XP-type SUB comes along, unless you need the 50K miles now.
opus2002 likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:44 am

BoA Air France/KLM Flying blue 70000 miles welcome offer

I signed up for BoA Air France/KLM Flying Blue 70k miles welcome offer (plus $100 statement credit and 100 XP points) after spending $2000 back in september, by using online application from the airfrance . us dummy booking.

However, when I called BoA customer service, they told me they only see 50K miles in my card account. Is this a giltch on BoA system? Cuz I am pretty positive that I applied for 70k offer.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by Crash_Log
So. I was approved for the BOA/AFKLM card on May 12th 2022. Received the 60 bonus XP’s by 14th but the statement didnt end until June 22nd. This 60 pushed me to Silver (was at 44). According to Flying Blue my renewal for silver ends 5/31/23.

My question is: When is my anniversary date where the 20XP’s would be deposited? I’m currently at 93XPs. And of course the fine print say 4-6 weeks after anniversary…but looking for some data point or (cough) experience points. Im seeing a world where the 93 gets reset to 0 then 20.
My anniversary XP posted right on the anniversary. I suspect that the 4-6 weeks is just to cover their posterior if there's a system outage.

I suspect that the 15k threshold is calculated based on statements that close before the anniversary, so waiting until the last month to go for 15k might not be wise?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.