Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

AF staff vote down pay deal. Janaillac resigns. Benjamin Smith new CEO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF staff vote down pay deal. Janaillac resigns. Benjamin Smith new CEO

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: FB , BA Gold
For those who don't speak French: AF unions announced today that they will soon take strong actions. They are upset that there has been no progress since their last series of strikes.
Nothing surprising

Last edited by brunos; Aug 30, 2018 at 8:58 am
Old Aug 30, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by brunos
For those who don't speak French AF unions announced today that they will soon take strong actions. They are upset that there has been no progress since their last series of strikes.
Nothing surprising
Not surprising at all unfortunately, glad I didn't change my refundable hotel bookings to non-refundables, because I have the feeling these nationalists are going to mess with my travels
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL Gold
This doesn't seem like it will end well, at least in the short term. I had AF vacation trip planned at beginning of Nov.. They had made some schedule changes so I took the opportunity to get switched to DL metal. Even took a downgrade from PE to C+. It just isn't worth the risk at this point.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Asquared1
This doesn't seem like it will end well, at least in the short term. I had AF vacation trip planned at beginning of Nov.. They had made some schedule changes so I took the opportunity to get switched to DL metal. Even took a downgrade from PE to C+. It just isn't worth the risk at this point.
Did the same. AF flight canceled, and I took the opportunity to change my booking so that I didn't touch CDG/Air France at all. Not worth it at all.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
A very clever move on the part of the unions: can't have management disagreeing with your demands if the company goes under and management ceases to exist. They're truly masterminds.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

AFKL CEO Smith meets with "intersyndicale" (unions "promoting" strikes) today for the first time. But he already met with the important union, the SNPL (pilots).
The CEO of AF (not of AFKL) Frank Terner was laid off a few days ago and Smith assumes the interim. A move appreciated by unions.

Let's hope that the good mood continues and things move fast.
Goldorak, Macaron54 and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:13 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
He also fired the CHRO, Gilles Gateau. The negotiations with the unions will be led by a Canadian-Albanian who joins from Air Canada.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Good to see a fresh viewpoint on this everlasting crisis
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Smile

Just heard on the news tonight that an agreement has been reached for salary increases at AF (around +4%). Pilots still ask for an additional increase (SNPL hasn't signed this agreement) but the journalist was saying that discussions were going well and in a positive spirit, so there's hope ! ^
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
An article from Le Figaro (in French)
Air France met fin à la crise sur les salaires

I am quoting here an interesting part, very positive for the future :
"Les représentants syndicaux y compris les plus virulents - ont dans leur ensemble été bluffés par le professionnalisme de leurs nouveaux interlocuteurs."
which can be translated into :
"Union leaders, including the most virulent ones were puzzled by the professionalism of their new interlocutors"
NickB likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:00 pm

That's great to know! Hopefully this is the beginning of a healthier Air France.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak

"Les représentants syndicaux y compris les plus virulents - ont dans leur ensemble été bluffés par le professionnalisme de leurs nouveaux interlocuteurs."
"Union leaders, including the most virulent ones were puzzled by the professionalism of their new interlocutors"
Thanks for this. If I may introduce a slight nuance on your translation, I'd say "astounded", "impressed" or "taken aback" rather than "puzzled" for "bluffés"
Goldorak likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: FB, M&B, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Goldorak

Yeah, in plain Dutch 'bluffes' could also mean 'afgebluft' ;-). Which is similar to bluff in English. But yes, it also can mean 'impressed': bluffé - Traduction en néerlandais - exemples français | Reverso Context https://dictionnaire.reverso.net/fra...is/bluff%C3%A9
Old Oct 25, 2018, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:36 am

Programs: FB Plat
I'd rather laught than cry.
At least, we may hope that Philippe Évain loses a lot of power, which will turn much needed improvments to Hop and Transavia way easier to execute.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.