Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading to La Premiére

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:01 am

Programs: FB (platinum for life), AAdvantage (exec platinum), Aeroflot Bonus (gold)
Originally Posted by johan rebel
With an F cabin?
Yes, I guess it was B777-200 back in 2006. The J cabin had those old uncomfortable seats, 6 in a row.

Originally Posted by NickB
Indeed but that particular demographic would not fly in F anyway (at normal F prices) whether on AF or anybody else, precisely because F never represents "value for money".
Then what does it represent?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I suspect that the prospect of having to go first to Moscow and source some caviar from a market before boarding one's flight from CDG to LAX might be regarded by some flyers as perhaps a little inconvenient.
For a mileage/XP run, that could be fun
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak

For a mileage/XP run, that could be fun
That's the Pékin Express version of mileage running.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chil
Then what does it represent?
F class represents a nicer travel experience than J, albeit at a cost which is usually disproportionate to the increase in the quality of the travel experience. F is primarily targeted at travelers for whom price is not a major determinant in purchasing decisions rather than at travelers looking to extract maximum value for their money.
Hafnia likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
F class represents a nicer travel experience than J, albeit at a cost which is usually disproportionate to the increase in the quality of the travel experience. F is primarily targeted at travelers for whom price is not a major determinant in purchasing decisions rather than at travelers looking to extract maximum value for their money.
Exactly and on most AF aircraft, there are 4 P seats
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fly747first
on most AF aircraft, there are 4 P seats
on most AF aircraft, there are 0 P seats.

Johan
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
To put a recent data point in this thread, my wife and I were booked MIA-CDG on A380 in business. Tickets purchased with FB miles. I’m FB Explorer and never used FB except to book this flight with miles transferred from AMEX.

I was offered upgrades to La Premiere for around USD 2,200 each at online check in. Obviously declined.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 10:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
2.2k is a 'deal'. My CDG-SIN recently was an 'exceptional offer' for almost $5,000.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 1:05 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
I asked the gate agent what the price was and it dropped to $1,600 something. Will see if the return pricing acts the same way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.