FB Gold: "extra bag" on Flybe

Old Mar 1, 20, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles
FB Gold: "extra bag" on Flybe

So. I booked a flight from BHX-CDG on the KLM website. Outbound is on HOP!, return on Flybe, all flagged under AF numbers (so AF codeshares)

Note, CDG-BHX gives extra bag entitlement.

However, after paying, I see the bag entitlement on the return is not available for the return leg.

The extra bag entitlement is removed for the CDG-BHX leg

I booked through the KLM website to specifically give me the bag as my dear wife will, I suspect, want to go shopping on this trip.

I have spoken to KLM through facebook and they are just quoting generic responses and ignoring the screenshots, jist been "you get an extra bag on skyteam operated flights..."

I wonder if you have any experience of Flybe honouring the bag status gives from CDG, or any other thoughts...

Thanks
Old Mar 1, 20, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Yes, you’ll get 1 bag free on BE. All those code-share things are very confusing, indeed.
Old Mar 1, 20, 1:59 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Marriott silver, Hilton
Originally Posted by ahopkins767 View Post
I wonder if you have any experience of Flybe honouring the bag status gives from CDG, or any other thoughts...

Thanks
At CDG, check-in will be done by AF, so you will be treated with all the honours due to FB Elite members . Flybe will have no say.
Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 2, 20, 3:14 am

You say FB gold but your reservation seems to show FB Explorer?
Old Mar 2, 20, 5:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
You say FB gold but your reservation seems to show FB Explorer?
In the first screenshot on the top right it says Gold. I think the OP is booking for 2 PAX of which the second PAX is explorer
Old Mar 4, 20, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Thank you all . Actually I booked for 3 PAX - the other two are just lowly explorer...for now .
Old Mar 4, 20, 12:38 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by ahopkins767 View Post
Thank you all . Actually I booked for 3 PAX - the other two are just lowly explorer...for now .
There's a good chance that you will be booked onto an AF flight anyway, if BE collapses.
Old Mar 4, 20, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by PeteM01 View Post
There's a good chance that you will be booked onto an AF flight anyway, if BE collapses.
The end seems to be very close
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51746564
PeteM01 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 20, 10:24 pm

Programs: FB Gold, ALL Silver, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak View Post
The end seems to be very close
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-51746564
Indeed, it has collapsed and all flights are cancelled effective immediately. The blame is on Covid-19 with drastic drop in bookings. There is nothing to replace the UK regions it serves so it is regrettable that the UK government continues to never care about these things to do something.
Old Mar 4, 20, 10:32 pm

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ♪♪♪ 7 ™
Originally Posted by Lawrious View Post
Indeed, it has collapsed and all flights are cancelled effective immediately. The blame is on Covid-19 with drastic drop in bookings. There is nothing to replace the UK regions it serves so it is regrettable that the UK government continues to never care about these things to do something.

I'm not sure you can blame the government for Flybe's demise, it was a dreadful airline and I am pleased its finally gone. I might start flying Air France again now there is no chance of being changed onto a Flybe.
Old Mar 4, 20, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Andy49 View Post

I'm not sure you can blame the government for Flybe's demise, it was a dreadful airline and I am pleased its finally gone. I might start flying Air France again now there is no chance of being changed onto a Flybe.
That is a rather strange response to job losses and the severing of links between UK cities... 95% of Southampton's flight schedule was with FlyBe and while some of those will have been franchise partners no doubt, it's still a substantial loss. FlyBe may have not been amazing (and apparently they did improve significantly within the last 6 months) it seems fear of the Covid-19 spread had hit the final nail into the coffin.

The UK government will probably not care to substitute these flights if it is not willing to maintain them via FlyBe, so, I hold no hope for the future.
PeteM01 and JournoFlyer like this.
Old Mar 5, 20, 12:12 am
Original Poster

I think they will be substituted AFTER this coronavirus has blown over because bookings for every airline will be down significantly. In terms of CDG, I think there is a real risk that the outbreak in Northern Paris may affect operations at the airport...
Old Mar 5, 20, 12:20 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ♪♪♪ 7 ™
That is a rather strange response to job losses and the severing of links between UK cities... 95% of Southampton's flight schedule was with FlyBe and while some of those will have been franchise partners no doubt, it's still a substantial loss. FlyBe may have not been amazing (and apparently they did improve significantly within the last 6 months) it seems fear of the Covid-19 spread had hit the final nail into the coffin.

The UK government will probably not care to substitute these flights if it is not willing to maintain them via FlyBe, so, I hold no hope for the future.

It might seem like a strange response but it's the truth and I have no interest in which cities they served, you probably don't care about regional airlines in Brazil or wherever. I have shares in Stobart who were part owners and that does not bother me, good riddance.
Old Mar 5, 20, 1:35 am
Suspended

There is nothing to replace the UK regions it serves so it is regrettable that the UK government continues to never care about these things to do something.
The GBP 100 mil rescue loan that was under consideration would have done nothing but slightly postpone the inevitable bankruptcy. Making that loan would have been akin to burning money.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 20, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Comatose.Captain View Post
The GBP 100 mil rescue loan that was under consideration would have done nothing but slightly postpone the inevitable bankruptcy. Making that loan would have been akin to burning money.
Perhaps, but, this is an unusual period of uncertainty thanks to people cancelling flights and bookings down by 40%.

You cannot make that conclusive statement as a result. People fear flying because they fear they will contract and spread Covid-19 from airports. It didn't have a chance to turn itself around thanks to the massive drop in anticipated cash flow.

NI, Newquay, Devon, Exeter and Cornwall are now cut-offfrom prohibitively expensive, overcrowded and old trains (~300) that take hours against 30minutes-1hour. It's a massive loss for these local economies and it's important they keep running.

Andy may not care and say "good riddance", but that just tells me he is not a really a good/nice human being to know. So, *blows raspberries*. Your investment into stobart will keep on being impacted while Covid-19 continues to be a present issue mate, recognise that governments will have to intervene to prevent economic catastrophe.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: