Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF codeshare on Etihad

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Originally Posted by delanotre
Il faut conclure!

Etihadhelp writes: Unfortunately Air France frequent flyer don't have benefits on our flights. We hope this helps. *Isi
The irony!

Anyway. Thanks for starting this thread. I had similar questions after having booked AF code share in Y on EY CDG-AUH-MLE. The days on which AF flies to MLE didn't suit me at all.

I can add to this discussion one more benefit you will not have: reserving a seat with extra leg space. Apparently They are not made available to people who book the code share. If I'd known that I would have booked with EY directly. Now I'll have to bear with it, it is modifyable, but it can't be cancelled. (Crossing my fingers for a cheap Z fare). Lesson learnt the hard way (as I actually have done before, but I can be stubborn): don't book code shares with non-Skyteam partners, ever. It can only lead to disappointment, and that is not worth the hand full of miles imho.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 2:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by Zembla
The irony!

Anyway. Thanks for starting this thread. I had similar questions after having booked AF code share in Y on EY CDG-AUH-MLE. The days on which AF flies to MLE didn't suit me at all.

I can add to this discussion one more benefit you will not have: reserving a seat with extra leg space. Apparently They are not made available to people who book the code share. If I'd known that I would have booked with EY directly. Now I'll have to bear with it, it is modifyable, but it can't be cancelled. (Crossing my fingers for a cheap Z fare). Lesson learnt the hard way (as I actually have done before, but I can be stubborn): don't book code shares with non-Skyteam partners, ever. It can only lead to disappointment, and that is not worth the hand full of miles imho.
Yes, you are right: I tried to book on Etihad site and I can choose exit seats not available on AF site. They sell it ~us100 that is expensive IMO.
On same flights on EY website fares are ~equal : so, despite no status recognition , I can earn some miles and BC...
For upgrade, EY uses bid as KL do, AFAIK.
Cheap Z fare is around 3 times on my journey on EY.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold, Air France Platinum Ulti, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Although EY is an excellent airline the service provided to passengers with an AF coded flight number is sometime substandard . I flew a SEZ-AUH-CDG in J this past August. The last leg was operated by the A380 and was completely full. I had pre reserved my seat but when I received my boarding passes in Male I realized that it had been changed from a window seat to an aisle seat in the middle section of the J cabin. I pointed it out to the check-in agent but since the handling for EY in SEZ is done by Air Seychelles, I was told to check in AUH. Obviously nothing could be done during the lay over. This story illustrates the fact that if, for the airline convenience, they need to move you around, the AF passengers will definitely be the first ones affected. Do not expect any special treatment based on your AF status, and rather the opposite if irregularities occur.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:55 am

First flight with Etigad on CDG-AUH: upgrades from J to P. AF code phare. Platinum for life but no loyalty membership with Etihad. AF staff said sometimes they do one shots to attract high contribution customers.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by breton1fr
First flight with Etigad on CDG-AUH: upgrades from J to P. AF code phare. Platinum for life but no loyalty membership with Etihad. AF staff said sometimes they do one shots to attract high contribution customers.
Bravo! Have you been upgraded at CDG 2C Etihad check-in or OLCI and did you see any AF agent at airport or elsewhere? Thanks.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:47 am

Upgraded at the gate. No one from AF in sight. Etihad's strategy worked: following trip I booked a ticket with them in P for not much more than AF in J...
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
AF seems to follow a similar strategy by upgrading non AF frequent flyer.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
And the my list of reasons why never to book an AF code share with EY is growing:
-not being able to book a seat+ (It's not even possible if I want to pay for it)
-not being able to use Sky Priority equivalents
-not being able to use lounges
-Modifying my ticket from Y to J with AF code share would be more expensive than buying a brand new ticket with EY in J directly
-My seat selection has already been cancelled twice. I just re-selected them for the third time

I keep beating myself for not having booked with EY directly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.