Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ivory to Silver status reflecting

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Ivory to Silver status reflecting

I have a flight that gets into CDG this Friday the 22nd, that gives me sufficient miles to go from Ivory to Silver.
I would like to book a award flight back on La Premiere for Sunday, Monday or Tuesday if I can get the status to reflect - not sure how long this takes and if there is anyway to speed this up?

If not, just wondering how long it might typically take to have the status update.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 12:54 pm

Usually for AF/KL operated flights, you can expect the miles & status to be updated within a day or 2, finding La Premiere award availability in such a short notice might be a different story though.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:19 pm

Programs: KL Plat
You can usually put in a claim for AF/KL from around 3 or 4am (CET) for the previous days flights. I actually did this in November going from silver to gold, claimed the miles 4:50am and got an email welcoming me to Gold at 5:40am! The status seems to update the same day as your milles post or the day after based on a sample of 3. Strangely both my partner and I flew the final segments to platinum together and had the segments post at the same time, yet her 'Platinum from' date is the day after the miles posted whereas mine are from the day they posted?! My surname is C, hers is M, so maybe they have a very slow alphabetical update process or who knows
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Solevita
You can usually put in a claim for AF/KL from around 3 or 4am (CET) for the previous days flights. I actually did this in November going from silver to gold, claimed the miles 4:50am and got an email welcoming me to Gold at 5:40am! The status seems to update the same day as your milles post or the day after based on a sample of 3. Strangely both my partner and I flew the final segments to platinum together and had the segments post at the same time, yet her 'Platinum from' date is the day after the miles posted whereas mine are from the day they posted?! My surname is C, hers is M, so maybe they have a very slow alphabetical update process or who knows
I thought about claiming the miles the next day, but wasn't sure how quickly the status would update too, so your post was very helpful - thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:52 pm

My flight last Thursday was also making me go to the next status. I requested the miles the day after, they posted immediately as usual. But my status was only updated this morning (Monday).
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by Klems
My flight last Thursday was also making me go to the next status. I requested the miles the day after, they posted immediately as usual. But my status was only updated this morning (Monday).
Does you last name start with Ö? That's 3 letters beyond Z in the Swedish alphabet

Must be somewhat random then, my near-instant Gold upgrade was a Sunday morning in November. Platinum came Tues/Wed last week for segments manually added Tuesday morning (original routing credit for 2 re-booked flights the Sunday previous).
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Solevita
Does you last name start with Ö?
Nope, I'm not that fancy, it's only a simple D .
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by GSafar
I would like to book a award flight back on La Premiere for Sunday, Monday or Tuesday if I can get the status to reflect - not sure how long this takes and if there is anyway to speed this up?
Only that you are apparently happy to travel on Christmas Eve/Day (does AF thin its schedule on that day??) I think your greatest problem will be finding awards seats, in ANY class!!!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Only that you are apparently happy to travel on Christmas Eve/Day (does AF thin its schedule on that day??) I think your greatest problem will be finding awards seats, in ANY class!!!
Plenty of seats on Christmas Eve/Day/Next day, with most days at P4F3 for the routes I was looking at. This was of course until the AF LHR La Premiere "mistake" this morning and all routes are now P4F0.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Plenty of seats on Christmas Eve/Day/Next day, with most days at P4F3 for the routes I was looking at. This was of course until the AF LHR La Premiere "mistake" this morning and all routes are now P4F0.
That implies that every seat that is available for revenue purchase is also available for redemption.

I frankly find that hard to believe.

PS: Shame you didn't book one of these F fares to replace all your existing/planned travel!!!
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:23 am
Original Poster

That implies that every seat that is available for revenue purchase is also available for redemption.
No it doesn't. Do you know how Air France redemptions work?
It's P4F3
All 3 F seats available and the last P isn't.

I frankly find that hard to believe.
You do know that AF award bookings book into F

PS: Shame you didn't book one of these F fares to replace all your existing/planned travel!!!
What I need is the return. I'm already arriving into CDG in the next 3 days via Asia. I couldn't cancel my plans just to make this return award book.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:38 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
No it doesn't. Do you know how Air France redemptions work?
It's P4F3
All 3 F seats available and the last P isn't.

You do know that AF award bookings book into F
The point irishguy28 is making is that just because revenue F is available, and awards book into F, it doesn't automatically mean that award space is available. Now I've never researched La Premiere awards specifically, but there are many different mechanisms to make this work.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 4:45 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Exactly. Fare code does not say everything, also fare basis is of important. FPAIDFARE may be available, while FAWARDFARE is not.

Same applies to flights in class X - they can be purchased, but also redeemed as award. However the availability and fare rules are quite different.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Arrived CDG Friday 1.00pm
Claimed miles Sat 3.00am
Silver status updated 1.00am Sunday

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.