Ivory to Silver status reflecting

Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:41 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
Ivory to Silver status reflecting

I have a flight that gets into CDG this Friday the 22nd, that gives me sufficient miles to go from Ivory to Silver.
I would like to book a award flight back on La Premiere for Sunday, Monday or Tuesday if I can get the status to reflect - not sure how long this takes and if there is anyway to speed this up?

If not, just wondering how long it might typically take to have the status update.
GSafar is offline  
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:54 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CPT,AMS
Posts: 4,402
Usually for AF/KL operated flights, you can expect the miles & status to be updated within a day or 2, finding La Premiere award availability in such a short notice might be a different story though.
Ditto is offline  
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:19 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: GOT
Programs: KL Plat
Posts: 484
You can usually put in a claim for AF/KL from around 3 or 4am (CET) for the previous days flights. I actually did this in November going from silver to gold, claimed the miles 4:50am and got an email welcoming me to Gold at 5:40am! The status seems to update the same day as your milles post or the day after based on a sample of 3. Strangely both my partner and I flew the final segments to platinum together and had the segments post at the same time, yet her 'Platinum from' date is the day after the miles posted whereas mine are from the day they posted?! My surname is C, hers is M, so maybe they have a very slow alphabetical update process or who knows
Solevita is offline  
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:38 pm
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by Solevita
You can usually put in a claim for AF/KL from around 3 or 4am (CET) for the previous days flights. I actually did this in November going from silver to gold, claimed the miles 4:50am and got an email welcoming me to Gold at 5:40am! The status seems to update the same day as your milles post or the day after based on a sample of 3. Strangely both my partner and I flew the final segments to platinum together and had the segments post at the same time, yet her 'Platinum from' date is the day after the miles posted whereas mine are from the day they posted?! My surname is C, hers is M, so maybe they have a very slow alphabetical update process or who knows
I thought about claiming the miles the next day, but wasn't sure how quickly the status would update too, so your post was very helpful - thanks.
GSafar is offline  
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:52 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 453
My flight last Thursday was also making me go to the next status. I requested the miles the day after, they posted immediately as usual. But my status was only updated this morning (Monday).
Klems is offline  
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:10 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: GOT
Programs: KL Plat
Posts: 484
Originally Posted by Klems
My flight last Thursday was also making me go to the next status. I requested the miles the day after, they posted immediately as usual. But my status was only updated this morning (Monday).
Does you last name start with ? That's 3 letters beyond Z in the Swedish alphabet

Must be somewhat random then, my near-instant Gold upgrade was a Sunday morning in November. Platinum came Tues/Wed last week for segments manually added Tuesday morning (original routing credit for 2 re-booked flights the Sunday previous).
Solevita is offline  
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:21 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 453
Originally Posted by Solevita
Does you last name start with ?
Nope, I'm not that fancy, it's only a simple D .
Klems is offline  
Old Dec 19, 2017, 1:53 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Posts: 28,433
Originally Posted by GSafar
I would like to book a award flight back on La Premiere for Sunday, Monday or Tuesday if I can get the status to reflect - not sure how long this takes and if there is anyway to speed this up?
Only that you are apparently happy to travel on Christmas Eve/Day (does AF thin its schedule on that day??) I think your greatest problem will be finding awards seats, in ANY class!!!
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:02 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Only that you are apparently happy to travel on Christmas Eve/Day (does AF thin its schedule on that day??) I think your greatest problem will be finding awards seats, in ANY class!!!
Plenty of seats on Christmas Eve/Day/Next day, with most days at P4F3 for the routes I was looking at. This was of course until the AF LHR La Premiere "mistake" this morning and all routes are now P4F0.
GSafar is offline  
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:04 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Posts: 28,433
Originally Posted by GSafar
Plenty of seats on Christmas Eve/Day/Next day, with most days at P4F3 for the routes I was looking at. This was of course until the AF LHR La Premiere "mistake" this morning and all routes are now P4F0.
That implies that every seat that is available for revenue purchase is also available for redemption.

I frankly find that hard to believe.

PS: Shame you didn't book one of these F fares to replace all your existing/planned travel!!!
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Dec 19, 2017, 12:23 pm
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by irishguy28
That implies that every seat that is available for revenue purchase is also available for redemption.
No it doesn't. Do you know how Air France redemptions work?
It's P4F3
All 3 F seats available and the last P isn't.

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I frankly find that hard to believe.
You do know that AF award bookings book into F

Originally Posted by irishguy28
PS: Shame you didn't book one of these F fares to replace all your existing/planned travel!!!
What I need is the return. I'm already arriving into CDG in the next 3 days via Asia. I couldn't cancel my plans just to make this return award book.
GSafar is offline  
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:38 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: HAG
Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Posts: 7,479
Originally Posted by GSafar
No it doesn't. Do you know how Air France redemptions work?
It's P4F3
All 3 F seats available and the last P isn't.


You do know that AF award bookings book into F
The point irishguy28 is making is that just because revenue F is available, and awards book into F, it doesn't automatically mean that award space is available. Now I've never researched La Premiere awards specifically, but there are many different mechanisms to make this work.
Fabo.sk is offline  
Old Dec 20, 2017, 5:45 am
  #13  
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: AMS / ATH
Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Posts: 7,297
Exactly. Fare code does not say everything, also fare basis is of important. FPAIDFARE may be available, while FAWARDFARE is not.

Same applies to flights in class X - they can be purchased, but also redeemed as award. However the availability and fare rules are quite different.
Xandrios is offline  
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:47 pm
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
Arrived CDG Friday 1.00pm
Claimed miles Sat 3.00am
Silver status updated 1.00am Sunday
GSafar is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.