FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue-594/)
-   -   New policy for paid and miles upgrades (AF/KL) - sept 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-france-klm-other-partners-flying-blue/1867992-new-policy-paid-miles-upgrades-af-kl-sept-2017-a.html)

Goldorak Jun 16, 2023 2:01 pm

199€ CDG-GVA :rolleyes:

Storizontal Habilizer Jun 16, 2023 4:41 pm

179€ NCE-AMS

Considered it for about 0.5 seconds :D

Zbelko Jun 17, 2023 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak (Post 35338138)
199€ CDG-GVA :rolleyes:

you’re way deep in the purgatory 😄

lynxy Jun 17, 2023 7:42 am

79€ offered for TLS - CDG. Not bad but obviously did not take it, ended up being overbooked in Y (but no upgrade, they tried to put me on LH instead :p).
CDG - MUC: no offer, seemed full in J

Goldorak Jun 18, 2023 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Zbelko (Post 35339478)
you’re way deep in the purgatory 😄

yes, I think I need to see a priest and confess all my sins :D

lynxy Jun 18, 2023 7:48 am

Originally Posted by lynxy (Post 35339579)
79€ offered for TLS - CDG. Not bad but obviously did not take it, ended up being overbooked in Y (but no upgrade, they tried to put me on LH instead :p).
CDG - MUC: no offer, seemed full in J

MUC - CDG : 79€
CDG - TLS : 79€

I took none :p

Clio_Rouge Jun 18, 2023 8:27 am

Seems like I m still in purgatory. BER-CDG € 199 #Thanksbutnothanks

David7 Jun 20, 2023 2:36 am

DUS-CDG 69€

Not bad but flight ended up getting cancelled, had to wait for almost 24hrs for the replacement flight as all the flights inbetween were full in Economy.
I wonder if they would have rebooked me in Business if I had taken the upgrade offer.

Clio_Rouge Jun 20, 2023 3:53 am

Originally Posted by David7 (Post 35346725)
DUS-CDG 69€

Not bad but flight ended up getting cancelled, had to wait for almost 24hrs for the replacement flight as all the flights inbetween were full in Economy.
I wonder if they would have rebooked me in Business if I had taken the upgrade offer.

Got upgraded free of charge on my CDG-BER flight which ended up cancelled. Rebooked in Economy, lounge people told me I shall be compensated, Customer service said no way... #shrug

On you subject, had you taken the offer i fear you could only get a refund of the upgrade price.

SilverChris Jun 20, 2023 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Clio_Rouge (Post 35346836)
Got upgraded free of charge on my CDG-BER flight which ended up cancelled. Rebooked in Economy, lounge people told me I shall be compensated, Customer service said no way... #shrug

You want compensation for travelling in your ticketed cabin?

IstKong Jun 20, 2023 3:05 pm

JFK-CDG AF9

Y > W 329€/47000 miles
Y > J 899€/117000 miles

Gold status full flex ticket.

no thanks.

pascalgr Jun 26, 2023 6:15 am

AMS -KUL-MNL KL 805

Y>W 199 € I take it for this very long flight.
Flight was overbooked in Y I suspect, they asked 10 people to take another flight.

This flight makes a stop over in KUL, and unfortunatly you need to disembark with all your hand luggage to just reclear security and reboard , after no more blanked available between KUL and MNL; There is no local traffic between KUL and MNL. This is a total non sense ; There are other routes like that in KL network like the AMS- TPE which stops in ICN I do not know if the same rule applies; Last year on the AMS-BKK-MNL route when the flight stops in BKK you stay on board;

Goldorak Jun 26, 2023 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by pascalgr (Post 35363302)
AMS -KUL-MNL KL 805

Flight was overbooked in Y I suspect, they asked 10 people to take another flight.

This flight makes a stop over in KUL, and unfortunatly you need to disembark with all your hand luggage to just reclear security and reboard , after no more blanked available between KUL and MNL; There is no local traffic between KUL and MNL. This is a total non sense ; There are other routes like that in KL network like the AMS- TPE which stops in ICN I do not know if the same rule applies; Last year on the AMS-BKK-MNL route when the flight stops in BKK you stay on board;

Believe me, for flights stopping in BKK, you more often disembark than staying on-board. It's up to local authorities to decide and they can change their mind between the descent time and gate parking. During Covid, for most of flights with one stop, pax (all heavily infected of course) had to stay on-board to avoid contaminating locals...

NickB Jun 27, 2023 2:28 am

LHR-NCE Y to J:
39K miles or GBP239.10

:eek:
..err... thanks but no, thanks.

atflyer Jun 27, 2023 6:39 am

Originally Posted by pascalgr (Post 35363302)
AMS -KUL-MNL KL 805

Pre COVID KL did AMS-KUL-Jakarta and vv and also then you had to deboard. Same for pre-COVID MNL-TPE-AMS. As Goldorak indicates likely a rule in Malaysia. KL apparently has no 5th freedom between KUL and MNL, the route they fly now to reach MNL.