Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Trying to book using flying blue miles. Won't show any flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to book Delta flight from DTW -> HNL, flying 2/22 returning 3/4 2017. It says no flights available. I look on Kayak and there is a delta flight. Can somebody help me ? What am I doing wrong ? I'm using the airfrance.co.uk site to book the awards.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 3:43 pm

The likelihood of being able to find availability with FB miles on DL metal to HNL is slim to none, as per many posts here.

I would advise you to give FB a call and see if they can find anything for you, never hurts to try.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. Even trying to book a hotel in HNL is expensive using FB. Feel like I'm stuck with these miles !!!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 6:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
It is extremely hard to find any availability on flight East Coast-Hawaii.

The hard point is not a flight to HNL, but the flight inter-hub of DL. If you change your departure to SEA, YVR, you may have a better chance getting something; or try to get to OGG if possible.

Earlier this year I was able to find some flights available from YYZ, since DL opened a new line YYZ-SLC, and the iti YYZ-SLC-HNL has no inter-hub inside, you may have a bigger chance getting something there.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by uvasag
Even trying to book a hotel in HNL is expensive using FB.
Can you explain what you mean? there are 4 or 5 hotels in New Caledonia, and one on Aruba, where you can spend Flying Blue miles on a stay. How have you managed to price a hotel in Hawaii using FB miles?

Originally Posted by uvasag
Feel like I'm stuck with these miles !!!
Before acquring miles, you really should see if there is any way you are likely to be able to spend them.

It sounds like you are based in the US; therefore you should probably have directed whatever earning got these FB miles to a Skymiles account instead.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Yes, lesson learnt. Looking into selling them since I can't use them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.