Wiki Posts
Search

Linking Amex to FB account?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2016, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Linking Amex to FB account?

I am trying to link my UK Amex account to FB so I can transfer points and make a booking for this coming weekend. Unfortunately every time it gives me an error message. Did anyone else have this problem when trying to link their account or is there anything special I should be doing?
Old Nov 5, 2016, 11:12 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by pogonation
I am trying to link my UK Amex account to FB so I can transfer points and make a booking for this coming weekend. Unfortunately every time it gives me an error message. Did anyone else have this problem when trying to link their account or is there anything special I should be doing?
Just call Amex and do it over the phone.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by olivedel
Just call Amex and do it over the phone.
Thanks for the advice. Just as a data point.. Amex and FB account linking is one of the few that are instantaneous over the phone therefore it is not faster to do the transfer online like it is with most other partners. Note the actual transfer time is not instantaneous and usually takes 1-2 days.

Apparently the linking feature for FB online is under maintenance at the moment hence why it hasn't been working the last few days.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 3:00 am

Programs: KL-PEFL
Yep, had the same problem: phone call sorted it and all working fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.