Wiki Posts
Search

FB pricing issue?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2016, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
FB pricing issue?

Has anyone encountered this issue before?..
I booked a KLM award flight. On the booking platform it showed my flights as 10,500 miles. Once I selected the flights it then said the price for my exact flight times is 10,500 however when I got to the payment page the price changed to 19,000 miles. I spoke to a CS rep who simply said this is what the website does and there is nothing I can do about it. Is this really the case. I transferred 20k amex to my account so I could book a return but now I can only book the outbound and I am left having to find an alternative way home... I've sent a complaint to KLM with screenshots asking for my 8,500 miles back but doesn't really help me. Even now after making the booking, the same flights are showing as 10,500.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Indeed, if you call in, they should be able to get you the flight for the 10500 miles quoted on the flight selection page. Happened to me a few months ago.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by olivedel
Indeed, if you call in, they should be able to get you the flight for the 10500 miles quoted on the flight selection page. Happened to me a few months ago.
I have now paid for it online. The guy said there is nothing I can do and it is just how the system works. He didn't even ask my FB number or the flights/route I wanted. Should I call in and ask to speak to supervisor and see if they can reprice it?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by pogonation
I have now paid for it online. The guy said there is nothing I can do and it is just how the system works. He didn't even ask my FB number or the flights/route I wanted. Should I call in and ask to speak to supervisor and see if they can reprice it?
Yes

What is the explanation for the increase?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 7:06 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
It also happen to me,
I call FB, they charge me the original miles on the web site.
The more important , the agent MUST SEE the good price...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.