Wiki Posts
Search

Compensation for flight delay

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Elite, Star Alliance Gold
Compensation for flight delay

Hi all. Back in September, my flight AMS to Bucharest was delayed for more than 3h. This means that under EU rules, I am entitled to €400 compensation however.....

It was a KLM flight number operated by Tarom (boarding pass specifically states this is a KLM flight booking)

I have made my case for compensation to KLM who tell me this has nothing to do with them as under EU laws, the carrier itself is responsible and that I should address my claim directly to Tarom. If they are correct, I fear that my case might be forgotten !

Comments please. Thanks for your time.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
EC261 claims should always be with the operating carrier.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 6:27 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
EC261 claims should always be with the operating carrier.
To be more exact: Compensation is the responsibility of the operating carrier. The claim can be made with any airline, but if you want to see actual money it definitely helps to submit the claim to the one who's responsible
Old Nov 3, 2016, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
That pre-supposes that the "any airline" would forward the claim onto the operating carrier.

They won't.

Deal with the operating carrier only.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Elite, Star Alliance Gold
Thank you all. Tarom here we come.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 11:52 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
That pre-supposes that the "any airline" would forward the claim onto the operating carrier.

They won't.

Deal with the operating carrier only.
That's why I was saying that it helps to send it to the carrier that's responsible, but nothing stops anyone from submitting a claim with any airline. Just as nothing stops anyone from claiming money from anyone for anything - but if you want money it makes sense to go to the one you have an actual legal standing against.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.