Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:04 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Thumbs up Promo Awards October 2016

Here they are !

https://www.flyingblue.com/promo-awards.html

And this month the main topic is about ''October specials'' ! -50% for a lot of destinations , not only europe ! Available from November 1st until January 31st , and it is still very good as i havent seen any blackdates (or maybe there are)

I went straight to the other sub-menus as usual and almost missed it , when i opened this one i was shocked to see so many destinations at such rates.

It seems that all usual destinations are available . in economy , premium eco and/or business , but unfortunately rates are not the same (we can't have everything in same time)

They represent around 66% of these special offers , however in my opinion , the european awards are still worthless at 50% , when you compare the price per miles and all LC prices you can see everytime , as U2/W6/FR are now covering almost all europe , you can travel for less than 100€

if you have a big amount of miles to spend (some are 3500 miles cheaper than middle east or asia) , better go somewhere else , but if you have around 10k/15k miles in your FB account and want to get rid of them it is a good opportunity

Almost nothing to Africa , only Oran and Cairo , otherwise go to the african sub-sections for this month

Middle east and their charts : ika = dmm = kwi = 28k but meanwhile bah = doh 20k ! I still dont get it .

[crybaby mode ON]
And also why ALA/TSE only during winter ???
[crybaby mode Off]

I will upload everything soon (sorry if thats not ok to upload so many pixs i wanted to do like irishguy)

I guess many people will be very happy (or not) and at least these oktober specials will make people react better than the usual complaints i saw on FT every month

Also , be aware that MisterMiles is coming back in mid-october , i dont know if it worth the try , any feedback about him ??

Last edited by Gajan; Sep 29, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:10 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Here we start with motherland africa

Last edited by fifty_two; Sep 29, 2016 at 6:17 pm
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:16 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Then fly north west , cross the Atlantic to north america

Like the birds , we move south to the west indies (sorry i missed cayenne and santo domingo in my screenshot , also a big hello to our friends based at RUN)

After enjoying the sun and last hurricanes , lets go again south to .... south america

Last edited by fifty_two; Sep 29, 2016 at 6:33 pm
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:18 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Ok , you have seen all the american continent , lets go to europe for drinking beer

Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:21 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

So cold in europe , lets go to the middle east for enjoying the winter and do some shopping there

Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:26 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

October specials - part 1

Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:36 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

October Specials - part 2

Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:39 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

October Specials - part 3

Old Sep 29, 2016, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
(Some of) the October specials clash with the "regular" promo awards.

I don't get it.
Attached Images  
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
(Some of) the October specials clash with the "regular" promo awards.

I don't get it.
It also looks like their math skills are a bit rusty... most of their "50%" is not really 50%!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed. But the prices are now so ridiculous that even at 50% off [if that is what they are] they often don't look attractive.

I wonder if, instead, they were aiming for 30% off? The "october specials" image certainly seems to suggest so...

And based on the Atlanta example I posted, that might make more sense if the "50%" was actually 30%.

But, again, I don't understand why they appear to want to concurrently run two different promo rates on some routes for exactly the same booking and travel times. Will we be presented the option to select either the 25% or the 30%/50%????

But - thanks, Flying Blue, for making more destinations available. But taking just 5% extra off doesn't feel very "special"

(I believe this is the first time we have had a -30% for Promo Awards; not long after -20% started putting in its first appearance)
Attached Images  

Last edited by irishguy28; Sep 30, 2016 at 1:04 am
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Some of these deals seem not too bad, eg Vancouver at 50%. But has the price of business miles tickets gone up? A 50% miles deal to North America should be something like 62,500 or 67,500 (can't remember which) not the 87,500 I'm seeing posted there.

Another potentially good deal, this time European, is Inverness at 50%. It is often difficult to find reasonably priced flights into Inverness. This would have been useful when my folks used to live up there.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Concerto
Some of these deals seem not too bad, eg Vancouver at 50%. But has the price of business miles tickets gone up? A 50% miles deal to North America should be something like 62,500 or 67,500 (can't remember which) not the 87,500 I'm seeing posted there.
That's because 87,500 is 30% off!

Another potentially good deal, this time European, is Inverness at 50%. It is often difficult to find reasonably priced flights into Inverness. This would have been useful when my folks used to live up there.
If the price of flights is high (or, rather, higher than average) on the days you want to travel, it's unlikely the promo rate would be available on those days either!
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:55 am

But, again, I don't understand why they appear to want to concurrently run two different promo rates on some routes for exactly the same booking and travel times. Will we be presented the option to select either the 25% or the 30%/50%????
Maybe there is a limited amount with the higher discount and another limited amount with the lower discount?

But - thanks, Flying Blue, for making more destinations available. But taking just 5% extra off doesn't feel very "special"
They do have many many more destinations this month, regardless of whether it is 30% or 50% it is always better than nothing

I sure hope not, however based on the ones that got a 25% off, it seems like FB got their math/image wrong and it is simply not 50%
Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Turns out they went to the trouble of creating a -30% image but whoever loaded the page just went with the -50% image instead!!

And look at these new icons I found, loaded and ready for their debut anytime now...And now I am very scared for the future!!!

If you think I went to the bother of faking them...

https://www.flyingblue.com/images/icons/nl/minus15.gif
https://www.flyingblue.com/images/icons/nl/minus10.gif

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.