Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This should be easy, but...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, QR status varies from rags to riches - now gold, IHG Diamond Elite
This should be easy, but...

I'm new to Flying Blue, lots of status elsewhere, but first time here. I recently booked a long haul trip and would like to join FB.

To make the booking, I set up a KLM account. However when I click the link to join FB on my KLM account enrolement email, nothing happens.

So I call the call centre in the UK (I live currently in the Middle East). They can't help. Then I try the UK FB number, After several attempts I fail to connect to a real person.

Then I try emailing. However they will not accept an email without a FB number, which I don't have.

So I tried to enrol on the FB website, with a view to associating my booking with my new FB number at a later date. It would not accept my email address, as this was linked with my KLM account. So I tried my private email address, that was not accepted either. Last chance was my work address, that was rejected too.

So it was back to the FB call centre - press 1, press 2, stand on one leg, sorry we don't recognise you, goodbye.

Sorry FB, life is too short. I'll stick with Oneworld, Star Alliance and Emirates.

Rant over - thanks for listening

Grantosol
Old Nov 2, 2016, 11:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Accor Gold
Opening an account in AF/KL doesn't mean you have an account in FB. You will need to log in to AF/KL website, there's an option to enrol in FB, that's the way to do it. Otherwise, you can enrol directly on flyingblue.com, and use the FFP number to log in to AF/KL.

I had similar experience with you in the past opening an account for a friend, but didn't find his FFP number. Then I found they are different.

If you still have question, contact KLM on twitter or facebook, they generally reply within an hour, pretty nice and fast service.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-f...ying-blue.html

I wish I could observe all these people who have trouble filling in the sign-up form. I just created an account for a random person with random details in about 30 seconds. I don't understand where people can go so wrong.
Attached Images  

Last edited by irishguy28; Nov 3, 2016 at 2:54 am
Old Nov 3, 2016, 2:59 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I wish I could observe all these people who have trouble filling in the sign-up form. I just created an account for a random person with random details in about 30 seconds. I don't understand where people can go so wrong.
+1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.