Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo Awards October 2016

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by Ditto
It also looks like their math skills are a bit rusty... most of their "50%" is not really 50%!
And now it seems like someone finally fixed the images,and most of the routes are showing 30% instead of the wrong 50%
Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ranskis
I think it is because you double connect, the online tool seems to only allow one connection, then when there are 3 flights in a direction, it charges 2 awards.
I think you are trying to apply logic where there is none

Europe-Sint Maarten is advertised as a Promo Award only for Air France - as such, there should be no "Promo Award" advertised when you end up routing to that destination on a carrier with is not Air France.

And when the "charge" is not the advertised Promo Rate (and is greater than the "regular" rate

(The number of connections *should* not matter. While uncommon, I have previously seen double-connections offered at the "normal" cheapest rate - connecting twice does not necessarily increase the cost of the award (except where availability on one or more of the flights pushes the cost up))
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Still very frustrating as there's not a single day availability as advertised for SXM neither in Decmeber nor in January on AF
One probably could sue AF for wrong advertising
Old Oct 3, 2016, 3:16 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Cool

Hi again

It turns out that many of you realized that something was wrong

Now most of these OctoberSpecials are listed with -30% , basically all europe and america , also some cities in asia and middle east
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swaigiux
Still very frustrating as there's not a single day availability as advertised for SXM neither in Decmeber nor in January on AF
One probably could sue AF for wrong advertising
We've had similar complaints in the past! But they don't guarantee that there will be a promo award seat available to book on every date in the booking period and for every possible date of travel.

And the promo rates are avaialable (far more availability of the Premium Economy award than of Economy on the direct flight - it is now being offered on KLM flights, too):
Attached Images   

Last edited by irishguy28; Oct 4, 2016 at 9:39 am
Old Oct 4, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
These flights weren't bookable yesterday. Or they were, but not at 30K or 60K miles.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by troje
These flights weren't bookable yesterday. Or they were, but not at 30K or 60K miles.
exactly, there were not a single day at promo levels at all!!
however booked today just the date I needed ^
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:18 am

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
I got an error when trying to book 3 award seats... went through to payment then gave an error. FB support said to try to remake the reservation as they can't book the promo awards, but now the availability is gone. Was this a phanton availability bug or something else?
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Find the reservation in your Flying Blue account. A PNR was created and will last for some time (how long, I don't know) awaiting payment.

If you didn't note down the PNR or cannot find it, ring Flying Blue and ask them to find it in their systems - it is associated with your Flying Blue account, the details of which you can relate to the Flying Blue agent.

Armed with this info, ask the Flying Blue agent - and/or Air France if Flying Blue passes you over to them, but there should be no need - to process the payment over the phone.

(The above is written on the assumption that it was a payment processing error, but this may not be the case. It is impossible to say based on the info provided)
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: FB&TK Gold
They also completely removed some 50% destinations from October specials for which there were actually virtually no availabillity since october 1st, 8:00, such as Bangkok, Hanoi, HCMV...
Old Oct 5, 2016, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is entirely normal. There are sometimes several updates to the list of destinations and/or the airlines on any route and/or the amount of the discount in the early days of the offer.

People complain when an advertised route is not on offer or not available; as such, it seems to me to be a good idea to remove those that are not (after all) on offer.
Old Oct 5, 2016, 2:38 pm

-50% WBC Europe-Japan. Availability on the date I want on the flight I want. Booked.

Am happy now.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 2:26 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Gold
is 43k miles for one way from Europe to Calgary a good deal (for business class)? I haven't tried redeeming my award miles before
Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:27 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by cheekmunk
is 43k miles for one way from Europe to Calgary a good deal (for business class)? I haven't tried redeeming my award miles before
Not that much are this is more or less the usual price (if i remember well , it was 110k miles both ways )
Old Oct 17, 2016, 11:50 am

I was ready to book a November Promo award and it was 17,500 miles on Friday. Today it's 25-35k. Do these promotions come back or is it gone for good?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.