Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo Awards October 2016

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2016, 12:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Are there ever promo awards ex-US?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by caliform
Are there ever promo awards ex-US?
Always.

(Hint: look under "North America")
Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:13 am

What planes do they use to Doha and Dubai, ie refurbished, new Business class?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Trying to book AMS-JFK, and see tons of 62.5k availability on KLM metal, but no discount applied. Any ideas?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Always.

(Hint: look under "North America")
Doh, thanks.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
And look at these new icons I found, loaded and ready for their debut anytime now...And now I am very scared for the future!!!
Well spotted! I share your worry!
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
Thumbs down Not one single AMS-MEX discounted award

I went and checked this morning and not one single AMS-MEX award at the promo rate. I called the platinum line who said they will send a message to the Flyingblue department, as they also found it odd not to see a single promo award in December. Of course FB is closed on the weekend, so if they do something it will be on Monday.

My guess is they messed up or forgot to load the promo pricing for a bunch of routes (I was able to find AMS-TYO with the 50% discount for example).

It seems a bit weird that within a few hours of the award being available it would already be sold out.

Did anyone here get the rates mentioned in the promo?

One way promo -

Best rate showing on the calender is 62500
Attached Images   
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:02 pm

Programs: KLM PLAT, Qatar PLAT, AA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, IHG Plat
I just noticed another one with 30% still nothing showing on the website.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 1, 2016, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by bison1847
I went and checked this morning and not one single AMS-MEX award at the promo rate. I called the platinum line who said they will send a message to the Flyingblue department, as they also found it odd not to see a single promo award in December. Of course FB is closed on the weekend, so if they do something it will be on Monday.

My guess is they messed up or forgot to load the promo pricing for a bunch of routes (I was able to find AMS-TYO with the 50% discount for example).

It seems a bit weird that within a few hours of the award being available it would already be sold out.

Did anyone here get the rates mentioned in the promo?

One way promo -

Best rate showing on the calender is 62500
It's not the only one they "missed", I was looking at AMS-TLV r/t, and while there is plenty of availability for the promo award on the AMS-TLV leg (including many direct flights, which are rare to be found at the lowest level of classic awards), there are only 5 days during the 3 months period that have the same price for the return leg....
Old Oct 1, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: LH Senator, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Anyone lucky to grab SXM flight? Can't see a single day in December or January
Old Oct 2, 2016, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I suspect that some/all of these may not be loaded until Monday morning
Old Oct 2, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
Originally Posted by swaigiux
Tried my luck but nothing there.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swaigiux
Found it! (Never mind that it is 7.5k miles more for a one-way than the advertised round trip promo price...)
Attached Images  
Old Oct 3, 2016, 3:51 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Found it! (Never mind that it is 7.5k miles more for a one-way than the advertised round trip promo price...)
I think it is because you double connect, the online tool seems to only allow one connection, then when there are 3 flights in a direction, it charges 2 awards.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by ranskis
I think it is because you double connect, the online tool seems to only allow one connection, then when there are 3 flights in a direction, it charges 2 awards.
The online tool doesn't suggest all the available options, it will normally try to show the most direct ones (i.e. direct/1 connection for segments where a direct flight exists), however if it does offer 2 connections, it will not charge more due to the fact that it is 2 connections.

Actually, if you are flexible enough, you might be able to find some multi-connection flights that are much cheaper than the direct one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.