Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

collect on different Frequent Flyer programmes on same booking (not same flights)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

collect on different Frequent Flyer programmes on same booking (not same flights)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
Originally Posted by irishguy28
(...) But what would not be normal is for two partners such as this to allow 1 combination out of the four possibilites [VS/VS, VS/DL, DL/VS, DL/DL] to not earn any miles.
Well, sometimes FFP rules are hard to understand.

IIRC, there is something about the metal flown on many Star Alliance FFP's which differs from FB where the coding of the flight counts (even though metal matters too in case of code share flight).

Another example is a EY metal AF coded flight. I don't think you will get miles on EY FFP, will you?

Anyhow, case is closed since VS FF tell us that Flyer Club can be credited with VS metal DL coded flights.

It looks to me that the best way to do it is to enter VS FFP in the booking and give the FB card at check in for the first DL/DL flight trying to get the check in clerk to apply this FB number ONLY to the first flight (DL/DL) and double check on the BP that indeed the FB number is the one showing.

Otherwise, enter FB number and retro-claim the VS flights with Flyer Club.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Another example is a EY metal AF coded flight. I don't think you will get miles on EY FFP, will you?
I have never flown an AF-coded EY flight, but I don't see why not. Etihad appears to be one of the more lenient FFPs out there in this regard.

I flew two A3-coded EY-metal flights last year which, in line with Star Alliance logic, didn't earn in A3's programme. They earned in Etihad's programme, posting under their native EY flightcodes although they were sold for a song by A3.

In fact, I am pretty sure that all EY-metal flights I have ever taken - booked as Virgin Australia and airberlin codeshares, as well as those two Aegean flights - posted in Etihad Guest as if they were bought as EY flights.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:21 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meli silver.
I have never flown an AF-coded EY flight, but I don't see why not. Etihad appears to be one of the more lenient FFPs out there in this regard.(...)
If you fly OS coded AF metal, you will get neither M&M miles (not a Star Alliance operating carrier; this is a general rule) nor FB miles (not Skyteam coded flight).
Old Aug 14, 2016, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
If you fly OS coded AF metal, you will get neither M&M miles (not a Star Alliance operating carrier; this is a general rule) nor FB miles (not Skyteam coded flight).
Are you sure you don't earn M&M miles in this case ? I think yes, because M&M is the FFP program of OS.
In the reverse situation (AF-coded /OS metal), you earn FB miles (but no other Skyteam FFP miles).
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Are you sure you don't earn M&M miles in this case ? I think yes, because M&M is the FFP program of OS.
No, you don't earn any miles.

It is not enough in *A to be on a codeshare and using the native FFP of the codeshare partner. Hence no M+B miles when flying A3 operated by EY in my example, and no M&M miles when flying OS operated by AF. In Star Alliance programmes, it has to be coded AND operated by *A to earn.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:38 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, All Accor Platinum
No, you don't earn any miles.

It is not enough in *A to be on a codeshare and using the native FFP of the codeshare partner. Hence no M+B miles when flying A3 operated by EY in my example, and no M&M miles when flying OS operated by AF. In Star Alliance programmes, it has to be coded AND operated by *A to earn.
That's not true, you can read what OS says on the miles and more homepage.
"* You will earn award miles as usual for flights booked under OS flight numbers that are operated by neither a Miles & More airline partner nor a STAR Alliance partner. Status miles, HON Circle miles and the Executive Bonus are not credited for these OS codeshare flights.
Example: OS 7027 Vienna - Riga, operated by Air Baltic (BT). You will earn award miles according to your booking class (see mileage overview).

No miles are awarded for scheduled flights operated by Austrian Airlines which are booked under the flight number of a non-Star Alliance or non-Miles & More partner airline.
Example: AF5043 Vienna-Paris, operated by Austrian Airlines.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by A300flyer
[I]"* You will earn award miles as usual for flights booked under OS flight numbers that are operated by neither a Miles & More airline partner nor a STAR Alliance partner. Status miles, HON Circle miles and the Executive Bonus are not credited for these OS codeshare flights.
Example: OS 7027 Vienna - Riga, operated by Air Baltic (BT). You will earn award miles according to your booking class (see mileage overview)
Could it be a new rule? Because I read many times that in *A, the operating carrier had to be *A.

In any case, you will note that only award miles (without bonus) are earned when the metal is not *A, which can make a significant difference to many.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
In any case, you will note that only award miles (without bonus) are earned when the metal is not *A, which can make a significant difference to many.
Correct.
Whatever the final response is, it reminds us to always be very careful when booking a code-share.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.