Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another downgrade of benefits for FB Silver

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mfkne
The benefits only changed today, so no wonder you were able to use priority check-in last week.
I know, I was just musing on how it was nice and how I was going to miss it.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 1:40 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
But prio check-in has not been taken away! That would go against Skyteam benefits.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: FB Silver, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
But prio check-in has not been taken away! That would go against Skyteam benefits.
Yup, but KLM on Twitter said their website and Flying Blue's is incorrect for saying the benefits remain.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 3:14 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mfkne
Yup, but KLM on Twitter said their website and Flying Blue's is incorrect for saying the benefits remain.
Unfortunately, their Twitter team has become pretty sloppy and inaccurate lately. Not a week goes by that I correct something for them!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: Flying blue
Originally Posted by irishguy28
It wasn't clear to me that you knew this (you admitted that you did not know that Silver and Gold entitled you to use priority queues in the past!). Afterall, you were talking about the difficulty in (re-)qualifying for status, which now seems that you are referring to the infamous "April Fools" devaluation of many years ago, about which much has been written on here over the years.

I just wanted to make sure you - and anyone else reading this thread - realise that nothing has changed as regards earning miles, or the requalification process, as a result of the recent announcement of diminished Silver benefits.

Given that this thread was for the discussion of a downgrade to Silver benefits, one doesn't necessarily expect to read other, unrelated gripes in this thread - so I wanted to make sure that no-one incorrectly deduces from this tangent that something had changed as regards mileage earning.

(And FB is really one of the easier programmes in Europe in which to gain status. Requalifying actually got easier at the same time as this change - cheap segment runs are now possible on UX!)
Still means kicking us when we are down.

If people can't follow what the thread is about then why does that matter to you? And the fact that KLM have pushed me into silver means it's probably a lot more relevant to me than it is to you. KLM scum!
Old Feb 26, 2016, 4:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
I don't really mind not getting a yellow priority label with baggage anymore. The change that hurts the most is not being able to access the priority queue through security.

Last edited by Saint4805; Feb 26, 2016 at 4:48 am
Old Jul 21, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: AZ Executive (STE+) - FB Silver (STÉ)- Lounge Key
FB Silver / SkyTeam Ekit benefits in 2018

Hello,

As I saw on thread about STE benefits in CDG, it seems that there are widely randomly applied, especially regarding Priority Boarding for Elites (after SP).

Does any FQTV under FB Silver / STE status experienced been sent to regular boarding or asked to step aside after SP?

Thank you
Old Jul 22, 2018, 12:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by catsniper75
Hello,

As I saw on thread about STE benefits in CDG, it seems that there are widely randomly applied, especially regarding Priority Boarding for Elites (after SP).

Does any FQTV under FB Silver / STE status experienced been sent to regular boarding or asked to step aside after SP?

Thank you
up until last year (after the downgrade of benefits) I was traveling in Silver (now Plat) and never had issue to enjoy priority boarding though having your Silver card with you would definitely help. Both at CDG and destination airports (CMN usually in my case) I would just wait a “decent” amount of skypriority to board and would pop up at the end of the line. Usually just saying “I’m silver, I think I can board right after SP” would make the trick, either because the ground agent would know it or, as I would assume to be the case at least in destination airports, they wouldn’t know better, but since SP is already gone and they are about to board Y pax, wouldn’t make a difference anyway
Old Jul 22, 2018, 1:54 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
In ATH they now enforce zones:

Skypriority line: Zone 1 & 2
Normal line: Zone 3, 4 and up

Silver would be zone 3, and they enforce that this is a physically different line. I also noticed something similar in HKG, just on a broader scale - where there are separate lines for each zone 1-4.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios
In ATH they now enforce zones:

Skypriority line: Zone 1 & 2
Normal line: Zone 3, 4 and up

Silver would be zone 3, and they enforce that this is a physically different line. I also noticed something similar in HKG, just on a broader scale - where there are separate lines for each zone 1-4.
I saw the same in CPT, KLM uses gate A5 which has a very big queuing space, it used to be SP to the right and all others to the left, now they have Zone3 use the right side and about half way through they go on to the left side, just before zones 4+5
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTitanium, BAEC Silver
Does anyone know which zone number gold members booked in economy are usually? Is it 2 or 3? I am platinum and have always been zone 2 since the changes and assume that zone 1 is business.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: FB Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by Saint4805
Does anyone know which zone number gold members booked in economy are usually? Is it 2 or 3? I am platinum and have always been zone 2 since the changes and assume that zone 1 is business.
I am Gold and the only time I have used Zonal boarding was in Toronto and I was in Zone 2 right after Business class.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Saint4805
Zone 1 is P, J, Club2000/Skipper, Ultimate
Zone 2 is Elites+ travelling in Y. I think W is also Zone 2.
San Gottardo and Saint4805 like this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:28 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by catsniper75
Hello,

Thank you
silver since 2014 and never had such ''honour'' , and if they notice it i just say ''oh sorry i forgot'' , then story is done and i can board

the only time i had these zones it was from dxb , but there its a big mess so it wasnt really applied
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:53 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I do hope that this is strictly enforced (sorry for Silver members), but it is getting ridiculous the SkyPriority lane these days, it seems like this is the case for most of the flights especially from AMS. They do make the initial annoucment for SKY passngers to board, and than later Elite card holders. However I believe Elite card holders do (still) have on their boarding passes SKYPRIORITY printed,so they are just joining the line for Sky.

Hope this new change takes effect immediately and the SKY lane will be easier to recognize especially around the C-gate area and flights to CDG.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.