Last edit by: AlicorporateUK

EVENT SCHEDULE

Saturday, January 30th
11:15AM | Meeting at the AF-KL check-in desk at WAW

4PM | Pre-meal drinks in town

8PM | Meal
Polish Restaurant Rózana
Chocimska 7, Warszawa

One of the best restaurants in town. Rózana is a cosy, elegant, yet unpretentious place known for its choice of delicate and light meals from the traditional Polish cuisine.The restaurant is famous for its freshly-made noodles and traditional Polish dumplings (pierogi, kopytka, kolduny).

11PM | Post-meal gathering
Celibar
ul. Świętojańska 27/29
00-266 Warszawa

Lively yet cosy & not overcrowded, this captivating bar/pub/restaurant is situated in one of the charming narrow traffic-free streets leading to the heart of Warsaw Old Town (Stare Miasto), just a few metres away from the market place (Rynek Starego Miasta). A renownedly great selection of beer plus obviously wines, local spirits (Żubrówka anyone?) & cocktails will be available, together with a selection of typical Polish dishes.

ATTENDANTS
Confirmed
ajs123 (Friday-Monday): KL1365-KL1364
AlicorporateUK (Friday-until Żubrówka has cleared from the system): AF1246-KL1364
fifty_two
Goldorak (Friday-Sunday): AF1246-AF1047
olivedel (Friday-Sunday): AF1246-KL1362
danam (Friday-Sunday)
Henry III (Friday-Monday)

HOTELS
Hampton City Centre
danam

Sofitel
Goldorak; Henry III; ajs123.

Bristol
olivedel

Novotel Warszawa Airport
AlicorporateUK

GETTING ABOUT/PUBLIC TRANSPORT
The Polish capital prides itself on an extensive & reliable public transport network: starting from the main airport (WAW), you will have the choice of making the short trip to the city centre either by bus or train: the bus stop is located on the ground floor, just outside the main arrivals area, whereas the underground train station is connected directly to the terminal building. The 175 bus service leaves approximately every 15 minutes and will take you to the main train station (Dw. Centralny) or one step away from the Old Town Market Place (Pl. Zamkowy) in 30/40 minutes (depending on traffic). Any train you will get on will take you to the city centre stopping at either Warszawa Centralna or Warszawa Śródmieście. If arriving on Friday evening, you may want to get a weekend ticket from one of the machines outside the terminal building or at the entrance of the airport train station (debit/credit cards accepted, but keep your American Express in the pocket because it's not going to work): the Bilet Weekendowy Normalny ticket only costs 24 PLN (approximately 5 EUR/4 GBP) and it is valid on the whole public transport network (zone 1 & 2 - you will not need to go beyond zone 2 anyway) from Friday 6PM to Monday 8AM (please note: the ticket needs validating upon boarding the bus/train). The weekend fare is excellent value also if purchased on the Saturday (unless you're planning to fly back on the Sunday i.e. the following day, in which case you should go for the 24-hours ticket, costing 15 PLN).
For anybody travelling to Modlin (WMI), the choice is between a direct bus (https://www.modlinbus.pl/en/) and the train, which is basically the same train/line (Warszawa Lotnisko Chopina-Modlin & vice-versa) connecting the other airport to the city centre (opposite direction in this case). Note that, should you opt for the latter, you will first have to catch a special bus (stop located just outside the arrivals area) to the local train station (buying a ticket to central Warsaw from one of the machines located in the baggage claim area will also cover the short bus journey). In most cases, the bus departure/arrival is synchronised with the next train departure from Modlin railway station. Journey time is approximately 1 hour (bus plus train and the wait in between).
Print Wikipost

★The AF-KL-AZ Warsaw Winter Do★

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
I just updated the Wiki to give a better idea what we plan to do on Saturday (Jan 30). We remain optimistic that we manage to arrange a private tour of the airport. AlicorporateUK is working hard on getting a confirmation! In the evening we reserved a table at a restaurant that offers a modern take on traditional Polish cuisine. Aperitif & aperitivo is also to be determined ;-)
Old Jan 23, 2016, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ajs123
I just updated the Wiki to give a better idea what we plan to do on Saturday (Jan 30). We remain optimistic that we manage to arrange a private tour of the airport. AlicorporateUK is working hard on getting a confirmation! In the evening we reserved a table at a restaurant that offers a modern take on traditional Polish cuisine. Aperitif & aperitivo is also to be determined ;-)
Big thanks to you and AlicorporateUK for all your efforts. I hope you'll be successful for the airport tour
And the restaurant looks great. I'm already hungry looking at the pictures on their website
Old Jan 23, 2016, 5:33 am

Yes, the photos look indeed very promising.

I decided to add my arrival and departure flight numbers so that people can see whether they are arriving on the same flights ;-)
Old Jan 23, 2016, 7:59 am
Original Poster

G will be arriving on the AF evening service from CDG.

@Goldorak: let me know if you will be on the same flight and whether you'll be having a drink in the lounge (I'll be connecting from the 13:55 service from BHX so plenty of time in Paris for me).

In the meantime, Merry Christmas from NYC...

G
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Any plans to meet up on Friday evening? The Sofitel has the largest number of delegates and is also quite close to the Old Town; anyone know what the lobby bar there is like? If good, we could informally meet there at, say, 8:00 pm with a possible excursion when all due have arrived. Or maybe just meet somewhere else? I leave detailed suggestions to those with more local knowledge ...

-- HIMH3
Old Jan 23, 2016, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
enjoy people, that restaurant menu sounds lovely, and with a bit of Zubrowka...
Old Jan 23, 2016, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
G will be arriving on the AF evening service from CDG.
@Goldorak: let me know if you will be on the same flight and whether you'll be having a drink in the lounge (I'll be connecting from the 13:55 service from BHX so plenty of time in Paris for me).
It seems Olivedel and I will be on the same flight as you (AF1246 CDG 19:25) ? Cool
I sent you a PM

Originally Posted by Henry III
Any plans to meet up on Friday evening? The Sofitel has the largest number of delegates and is also quite close to the Old Town; anyone know what the lobby bar there is like? If good, we could informally meet there at, say, 8:00 pm with a possible excursion when all due have arrived.
It will be quite late when we'll arrive. But I will be happy to meet you for breakfast at the Sofitel
Old Jan 24, 2016, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Henry III
Any plans to meet up on Friday evening? The Sofitel has the largest number of delegates and is also quite close to the Old Town; anyone know what the lobby bar there is like? If good, we could informally meet there at, say, 8:00 pm with a possible excursion when all due have arrived. Or maybe just meet somewhere else? I leave detailed suggestions to those with more local knowledge ...

-- HIMH3
I'm scheduled to arrive just after 9:30PM and, even though I will not staying at the Sofitel, I can hit the town straight away for a few pints.

G
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I hope you post some feedback and a couple of photos!
Old Jan 27, 2016, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Exclamation WAW Airport Visit | Update

All,

A brief update concerning the airport visit:

Over the last few weeks I've been in touch with a senior HR manager who's kindly helping me to arrange this visit, which is proving to be not as easy as expected because of a few issues which I will be happy to share during our meeting. That said, my contact is doing her very best and will let me know of any outcome in the next few hours (I'm also pushing to get to see something air-side, even though she told me from the very beginning that, due to adverse winter weather conditions and limited personnel working on a Saturday, this would have been quite unlikely, but we'll see...).

Best for now,

G & AJS
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:48 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I forgot to reply earlier, excellent idea and am sorry I cannot make it as I will be coming back from my ski holidays coming weekend.

Hope everyone attending has a great time!

Gajan
Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Folks,

Would you please make sure to check your inbox where you will find an important communication from AlicorporateUK.

Ta,

G
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
To celebrate this upcoming wonderful weekend, I did upgrade myself to C-class on my way to WAW
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olivedel
To celebrate this upcoming wonderful weekend, I did upgrade myself to C-class on my way to WAW
I was actually wondering why nearly all emergency exit seats were empty at check-in this morning, knowing that at least 3 Plats are booked on that service

G
Old Jan 28, 2016, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by olivedel
^
My upgrade offer ams-waw was 149 euros, 99 for fra-ams. Did you get a better deal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.