Last edit by: AlicorporateUK

EVENT SCHEDULE

Saturday, January 30th
11:15AM | Meeting at the AF-KL check-in desk at WAW

4PM | Pre-meal drinks in town

8PM | Meal
Polish Restaurant Rózana
Chocimska 7, Warszawa

One of the best restaurants in town. Rózana is a cosy, elegant, yet unpretentious place known for its choice of delicate and light meals from the traditional Polish cuisine.The restaurant is famous for its freshly-made noodles and traditional Polish dumplings (pierogi, kopytka, kolduny).

11PM | Post-meal gathering
Celibar
ul. Świętojańska 27/29
00-266 Warszawa

Lively yet cosy & not overcrowded, this captivating bar/pub/restaurant is situated in one of the charming narrow traffic-free streets leading to the heart of Warsaw Old Town (Stare Miasto), just a few metres away from the market place (Rynek Starego Miasta). A renownedly great selection of beer plus obviously wines, local spirits (Żubrówka anyone?) & cocktails will be available, together with a selection of typical Polish dishes.

ATTENDANTS
Confirmed
ajs123 (Friday-Monday): KL1365-KL1364
AlicorporateUK (Friday-until Żubrówka has cleared from the system): AF1246-KL1364
fifty_two
Goldorak (Friday-Sunday): AF1246-AF1047
olivedel (Friday-Sunday): AF1246-KL1362
danam (Friday-Sunday)
Henry III (Friday-Monday)

HOTELS
Hampton City Centre
danam

Sofitel
Goldorak; Henry III; ajs123.

Bristol
olivedel

Novotel Warszawa Airport
AlicorporateUK

GETTING ABOUT/PUBLIC TRANSPORT
The Polish capital prides itself on an extensive & reliable public transport network: starting from the main airport (WAW), you will have the choice of making the short trip to the city centre either by bus or train: the bus stop is located on the ground floor, just outside the main arrivals area, whereas the underground train station is connected directly to the terminal building. The 175 bus service leaves approximately every 15 minutes and will take you to the main train station (Dw. Centralny) or one step away from the Old Town Market Place (Pl. Zamkowy) in 30/40 minutes (depending on traffic). Any train you will get on will take you to the city centre stopping at either Warszawa Centralna or Warszawa Śródmieście. If arriving on Friday evening, you may want to get a weekend ticket from one of the machines outside the terminal building or at the entrance of the airport train station (debit/credit cards accepted, but keep your American Express in the pocket because it's not going to work): the Bilet Weekendowy Normalny ticket only costs 24 PLN (approximately 5 EUR/4 GBP) and it is valid on the whole public transport network (zone 1 & 2 - you will not need to go beyond zone 2 anyway) from Friday 6PM to Monday 8AM (please note: the ticket needs validating upon boarding the bus/train). The weekend fare is excellent value also if purchased on the Saturday (unless you're planning to fly back on the Sunday i.e. the following day, in which case you should go for the 24-hours ticket, costing 15 PLN).
For anybody travelling to Modlin (WMI), the choice is between a direct bus (https://www.modlinbus.pl/en/) and the train, which is basically the same train/line (Warszawa Lotnisko Chopina-Modlin & vice-versa) connecting the other airport to the city centre (opposite direction in this case). Note that, should you opt for the latter, you will first have to catch a special bus (stop located just outside the arrivals area) to the local train station (buying a ticket to central Warsaw from one of the machines located in the baggage claim area will also cover the short bus journey). In most cases, the bus departure/arrival is synchronised with the next train departure from Modlin railway station. Journey time is approximately 1 hour (bus plus train and the wait in between).
Print Wikipost

★The AF-KL-AZ Warsaw Winter Do★

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Venue now added - see Wiki.

G
Old Dec 18, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
OK, Boys & Girls - I'm in (flights booked, still pondering Hotel)!

And, in the true spirit of a FlyerTalk AF-KL-AZ Do, the flights will have a significant impact on my FFP status: the r/t, GLA-LHR-WAW, will get me to BAEC Silver!

So, FYI, I'll be arriving Friday 29th, mid-afternoon (3-ish) and leaving Monday 1st, just after midday.

That's 3 good nights of deep, meaningful and sober conversation!

-- Henz
Old Dec 18, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Congrats on BAEC Silver, Henry III. Both AlicorporateUK and me are leaving on Monday midday with a one last discussion session at the Zubrowka lounge.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Great!

Originally Posted by Henry III
And, in the true spirit of a FlyerTalk AF-KL-AZ Do, the flights will have a significant impact on my FFP status: the r/t, GLA-LHR-WAW, will get me to BAEC Silver!

I'll be arriving Friday 29th, mid-afternoon (3-ish) and leaving Monday 1st, just after midday.
It is looking like most people will make it a long weekend - will this be the longest do in FT's history? I'm obviously not implying that we'll be on...
Originally Posted by danam
anti-freeze
ehrm Żubrówka for the whole weekend

Originally Posted by ajs123
Both AlicorporateUK and me are leaving on Monday midday with a one last discussion session at the Zubrowka lounge.

G
Old Dec 19, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
I'll be staying at the Sofitel.

-- H
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
I'll be staying at the Sofitel.
Me too. Excellent choice ^
I will be happy to meet with your majesty
Old Dec 20, 2015, 1:37 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Me too. Excellent choice
We'll be neighbors
Old Dec 20, 2015, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by olivedel
We'll be neighbors
I know
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:12 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
the Novotel near the airport, which is extremely well connected to the city centre both by bus (Novotel bus stop) and train (Żwirki i Wigury), as well (10 minutes by commuter train and you're in the central station).
Perfect explanation , and with accorclub you can convert your points into FF miles , so more ways to enjoy your stay.

I will be in waw all weekend , cause i dont plan any trip in january
Old Dec 21, 2015, 12:30 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Hi all. Too bad, I can't make it. It would mess too much with my professional schedule. I wish all the attendees an excellent DO!
Old Dec 24, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: AZ Exec, FB PFL, OneWorld Sapphire, IHG Diamond, Accor Platinum, Avis/Hertz President
Originally Posted by ajs123
Brilliant! ^ LIS perhaps?
^
Never been there, let's do it ^

Ciao
Ulxima
Old Dec 31, 2015, 3:17 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Lisboa can be nice too !

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
I fly nearly 200 segments a year
Another topic to discuss in waw ! Sometimes i was doing 20 segs per month and it was really exhausting , so i cant imagine how you can manage this

Last edited by fifty_two; Dec 31, 2015 at 3:26 am
Old Dec 31, 2015, 5:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fifty_two
so i cant imagine how you can manage this
A relatively understanding partner & the fact that, after all, you're getting paid for it

G
Old Jan 6, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
How could I possibly miss THIS THREAD?

The only comfort is that the date would have made it impossible for me to join, I am going to be in LAX that week :-(

Enjoy the DO guys, I will be there for a next one :-(
Old Jan 16, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by raistlin
How could I possibly miss THIS THREAD?

The only comfort is that the date would have made it impossible for me to join, I am going to be in LAX that week :-(

Enjoy the DO guys, I will be there for a next one :-(
Pity indeed! Hope to see you in Lisbon later this year (dates not decided yet)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.