Last edit by: AlicorporateUK

EVENT SCHEDULE

Saturday, January 30th
11:15AM | Meeting at the AF-KL check-in desk at WAW

4PM | Pre-meal drinks in town

8PM | Meal
Polish Restaurant Rózana
Chocimska 7, Warszawa

One of the best restaurants in town. Rózana is a cosy, elegant, yet unpretentious place known for its choice of delicate and light meals from the traditional Polish cuisine.The restaurant is famous for its freshly-made noodles and traditional Polish dumplings (pierogi, kopytka, kolduny).

11PM | Post-meal gathering
Celibar
ul. Świętojańska 27/29
00-266 Warszawa

Lively yet cosy & not overcrowded, this captivating bar/pub/restaurant is situated in one of the charming narrow traffic-free streets leading to the heart of Warsaw Old Town (Stare Miasto), just a few metres away from the market place (Rynek Starego Miasta). A renownedly great selection of beer plus obviously wines, local spirits (Żubrówka anyone?) & cocktails will be available, together with a selection of typical Polish dishes.

ATTENDANTS
Confirmed
ajs123 (Friday-Monday): KL1365-KL1364
AlicorporateUK (Friday-until Żubrówka has cleared from the system): AF1246-KL1364
fifty_two
Goldorak (Friday-Sunday): AF1246-AF1047
olivedel (Friday-Sunday): AF1246-KL1362
danam (Friday-Sunday)
Henry III (Friday-Monday)

HOTELS
Hampton City Centre
danam

Sofitel
Goldorak; Henry III; ajs123.

Bristol
olivedel

Novotel Warszawa Airport
AlicorporateUK

GETTING ABOUT/PUBLIC TRANSPORT
The Polish capital prides itself on an extensive & reliable public transport network: starting from the main airport (WAW), you will have the choice of making the short trip to the city centre either by bus or train: the bus stop is located on the ground floor, just outside the main arrivals area, whereas the underground train station is connected directly to the terminal building. The 175 bus service leaves approximately every 15 minutes and will take you to the main train station (Dw. Centralny) or one step away from the Old Town Market Place (Pl. Zamkowy) in 30/40 minutes (depending on traffic). Any train you will get on will take you to the city centre stopping at either Warszawa Centralna or Warszawa Śródmieście. If arriving on Friday evening, you may want to get a weekend ticket from one of the machines outside the terminal building or at the entrance of the airport train station (debit/credit cards accepted, but keep your American Express in the pocket because it's not going to work): the Bilet Weekendowy Normalny ticket only costs 24 PLN (approximately 5 EUR/4 GBP) and it is valid on the whole public transport network (zone 1 & 2 - you will not need to go beyond zone 2 anyway) from Friday 6PM to Monday 8AM (please note: the ticket needs validating upon boarding the bus/train). The weekend fare is excellent value also if purchased on the Saturday (unless you're planning to fly back on the Sunday i.e. the following day, in which case you should go for the 24-hours ticket, costing 15 PLN).
For anybody travelling to Modlin (WMI), the choice is between a direct bus (https://www.modlinbus.pl/en/) and the train, which is basically the same train/line (Warszawa Lotnisko Chopina-Modlin & vice-versa) connecting the other airport to the city centre (opposite direction in this case). Note that, should you opt for the latter, you will first have to catch a special bus (stop located just outside the arrivals area) to the local train station (buying a ticket to central Warsaw from one of the machines located in the baggage claim area will also cover the short bus journey). In most cases, the bus departure/arrival is synchronised with the next train departure from Modlin railway station. Journey time is approximately 1 hour (bus plus train and the wait in between).
Print Wikipost

★The AF-KL-AZ Warsaw Winter Do★

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danam
anti-freeze

G
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:02 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
I agree with Concerto that it is a pity you chose that particular weekend because I unfortunately won't be able to join you, as I have already told ajs123. Let's hope this inaugurates a tradition of AF-KL-AZ DOs

On another note, the WAW lounge is probably the best airport-operated lounge for which AF-KL grants us access in Europe.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by tff
Let's hope this inaugurates a tradition of AF-KL-AZ DOs
Brilliant! ^ LIS perhaps?
Old Dec 15, 2015, 8:02 am
tff

Programs: FB LTPE, TP Gold, All Gold
Originally Posted by ajs123
Brilliant! ^ LIS perhaps?
That'd actually be a great idea
Old Dec 16, 2015, 10:33 pm

I'm in the Hampton City Centre for the Fri-Sun, hopefully it won't be too far from the action.

See you all next month!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danam
hopefully it won't be too far from the action.
Definitely not!

G
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
I'm starting to look a bit more 'definite'! Should be able to confirm (or deny) in a day or two.

For Hotels, I'm looking at either the Hilton (Centre/Convention Centre) or the Novotel (Centrum): prices are similar. Any recommendation either way from the cognoscenti? (I stayed in the Mercure Grand on a previous visit, which was nice but a wee bit off-piste.)

-- Henry
Old Dec 17, 2015, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Henry III
I'm starting to look a bit more 'definite'! Should be able to confirm (or deny) in a day or two.

For Hotels, I'm looking at either the Hilton (Centre/Convention Centre) or the Novotel (Centrum): prices are similar. Any recommendation either way from the cognoscenti? (I stayed in the Mercure Grand on a previous visit, which was nice but a wee bit off-piste.)

-- Henry
Too late to deny now

Concerning hotels: if you're happy with the Mercure brand then go for the Mercure Centrum, which is just behind the shopping centre (Złote Tarasy). It all depends where you wish to be based as while both hotels are indeed in the city centre they are however a good 25-minutes walk from the old town. As I previously said, I tend to avoid the hustle & bustle and stay at the Novotel near the airport, which is extremely well connected to the city centre both by bus (Novotel bus stop) and train (Żwirki i Wigury), as well (10 minutes by commuter train and you're in the central station). Another option worth considering is the Sofitel, which is located between the city centre and the old town.

Let me know should you need any more information.

G
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:31 am
Original Poster

I've added some useful public transport information on to the Wiki section - this should hopefully save you from asking Google and getting countless results often containing a good variety of conflicting information. That said, it goes without saying that you're more than welcome to ask me directly in case of any doubts/assistance you may need before your trip.

G
Old Dec 17, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Henry III

-- Henry
I plan to stay at the Hilton!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:28 am
Original Poster

I thought to get Żubrówka to sponsor the event but, clearly, there's no need for that now -

Originally Posted by fifty_two
Lol ! iam loaded with money

Result!

G
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
@fifty_two

Or, alternately, buy the confirmed attendees an LH F ticket each from FRA and move the Warsaw do to the Lufthansa First Class terminal (wouldn't that be an appropriate venue for an inaugural AZ/AF/KL do!); I'll be there that day having burned the last of my Miles & More miles for an LH F redemption (and yes, I'm praying for no strikes!!!) ^^^

Otherwise I'd be in Warsaw!!!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:27 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
I booked at the Bristol, ex-Le Méridien, now Luxury Collection, FYI.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
@fifty_two

Or, alternately, buy the confirmed attendees an LH F ticket each from FRA and move the Warsaw do to the Lufthansa First Class terminal (wouldn't that be an appropriate venue for an inaugural AZ/AF/KL do!); I'll be there that day having burned the last of my Miles & More miles for an LH F redemption (and yes, I'm praying for no strikes!!!) ^^^

Otherwise I'd be in Warsaw!!!

Shame that your trip falls right on those dates, but the LH's F redemption sounds nice!

G
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by olivedel
I booked at the Bristol, ex-Le Méridien, now Luxury Collection, FYI.
You'll be sleeping next to the Presidential Palace! Great area ^

P.S. for everyone: I will add another section on to the Wiki stating where the attendants will be staying.

G

EDIT: done.

Last edited by AlicorporateUK; Dec 17, 2015 at 1:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.