Wiki Posts
Search

Chances for upgrade in V Class ?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum,HHonors Gold
Chances for upgrade in V Class ?

I have an upcoming flight booked in V class . I knew that it doesn't get qualified for miles upgrade.

What chances I have for an upgrade during check-in ( miles upgrade ) ? If there is a chance, an idea of the ( flyingblue ) miles requirement ? AMS-AUH segment. As the calculator doesn't tell for V class as its not eligible.

And chances for getting an invite to bid ?

Kind of a starter here with flyingblue.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:52 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by isle11
What chances I have for an upgrade during check-in ( miles upgrade ) ? If there is a chance, an idea of the ( flyingblue ) miles requirement ? AMS-AUH segment. As the calculator doesn't tell for V class as its not eligible.
Zero chance with miles.

Yes with cash. If it is available, it should be possible to bid now on Manage My Booking, or during OLCI.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:04 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
I have an upcoming flight booked in V class . I knew that it doesn't get qualified for miles upgrade.

There is one chance to upgrade and thats with a 'day-of-departure' upgrade. If there are seats available, you can pay cash to upgrade your V ticket to another bucket and then pay miles to upgrade to business.

Best chances is to ask for it @ the FB desk in the lounge.

^ good luck
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The OP is unlikely to have access to the lounge.

Old Jul 22, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by irishguy28
The OP is unlikely to have access to the lounge.
My mistake.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the heads up. Long Y class journey awaiting for me
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:15 am

You can still ask for a cash + miles upgrade at the checkin desk! As long as there are seats left in J, then you should be able to book them.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:51 am

When departing from Amsterdam you can ask for a departure day upgrade (cash plus miles) at the KLM service centre in Departure Hall 2 (on the far left hand side, near economy check in). I have had good experience with this in the past.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Well, that is the news Im expecting to hear.. Can I also do the same for someone else ? Spending my miles ? I can be in the airport physically.

And is there a way to find out how much miles + cash Im expected to shed out ? Im flying AMS to MAA.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
KLM does not fly to Chennai....so I would expect you could only expect an upgrade on the AMS-AUH part.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Yeah, second leg is EY. This codeshare is bit of a headache. I cannot do OLCI for my return leg, as the carrier is EY. So I have to call up EY and get their PNR for my KLM ticket, if incase I need OLCI. I guess I can use my EY miles for my return flight, and will figure out how to upgrade my AUH-MAA flight
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: AF FB PLAT
Yes, it's possible.

If W or J are empty and they want to free up some space in cattle class they might offer an upgrade with miles at the checkin counter.

I upgraded to Premium Economy using miles on my latest HND-CDG, on a V-class ticket. Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.