Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2020, 3:37 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by maalloc
Some even go as far as doubling XP run with long-haul flights right after. I'm jealous of this stamina
Guilty as charged, greetings from Tokyo. Don't be jealous, even I don't think coupling a XP run that starts at 6am with a redeye in Y was a good idea. And I cheated by sleeping at the hotel in KRK!

Nice meeting all of you, definitely a Christmas special!
With asian borders being closed with mandatory and expensive quarantine on arrival, these are the things that have to be done to keep status unfortunately.

Got the same meal as your AMS-BOD flight on my flight to LYS. And only a glass of water in J on my LYS-FCO... I guess J flights from LYS get the domestic treatment.

Last edited by Digicola; Dec 28, 2020 at 4:18 pm
Old Dec 28, 2020, 3:43 am

I made a PCR-test for an trip to Span today and struggled to get the result in time, as promised by the clinic. Really stressfull. Would not recommend anyone that now. This will be my last trip until futher
Old Dec 28, 2020, 5:25 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Digicola
Guilty as charged, greetings from Tokyo. Don't be jealous, even I don't think coupling a XP run that starts at 6am with a redeye in Y was a good idea. And I cheated by sleeping at the hotel in KRK!
Glad to hear you could enter Tokyo! The upcoming border restrictions added an extra layer of uncertainty, you must be glad to have been able to enter the country before rules were tightened!

Originally Posted by Digicola
Got the same meal as your AMS-BOD flight on my flight to LYS. And only a glass of water in J on my LYS-FCO... I guess J flights from LYS get the domestic treatment.
That is bad (probably worth mentioning on the catering thread too), thanks for reporting. If France-Italy flights start getting considered domestic, that's a new low, even by 2020 standards.
Digicola likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 7:53 am

Programs: FB plat, M&M FT
Aren't LYS-FCO flights operated by hop? When they flew bod-fco, there was no such thing as J on board, maybe it's the same over there
Old Dec 28, 2020, 8:26 am

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Dominikkk
Aren't LYS-FCO flights operated by hop? When they flew bod-fco, there was no such thing as J on board, maybe it's the same over there
From my understanding these international CRJ flights from "la province" got J class back when it was introduced on domestic flights. My guess is that its usually just domestic service too (champagne, chocolate, bites etc but no actual meal). I was just saying they could have made en effort on these international flights as you don't really need much equipement to offer a small aperitif...
Old Jan 1, 2021, 3:48 pm

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
MAD-MEX-SCL-MEX-MAD on AM is available for 1020€ in business class. That's quite a steal. One free stopover in MEX is possible.
132XP and 46.000 miles (including platinum bonus)
Old Jan 1, 2021, 6:40 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
MAD-MEX-SCL-MEX-MAD on AM is available for 1020€ in business class. That's quite a steal. One free stopover in MEX is possible.
Hi

There is same promo for MAD-GRU with AM

While these south american AM flights (EZE , SCL , GRU) through MEX can give you lot of miles , with current situation and lack of flexibility from the airline in case of problem, i wouldnt recommend anyone to book tickets with AM further than 30 days before departure

Also in case of RT-PCR required , the return journey itself takes around 37h , so better find and secure a quick laboratory in santiago / buenos aires / sao paulo , otherwise its gambling
IstKong likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 6:57 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by fifty_two
Hi

There is same promo for MAD-GRU with AM

While these south american AM flights (EZE , SCL , GRU) through MEX can give you lot of miles , with current situation and lack of flexibility from the airline in case of problem, i wouldnt recommend anyone to book tickets with AM further than 30 days before departure

Also in case of RT-PCR required , the return journey itself takes around 37h , so better find and secure a quick laboratory in santiago / buenos aires / sao paulo , otherwise its gambling

Could not say it better.

But there is a one-way option for 600€ (at least for MAD-MEX-GRU), which involves only one PCR test. Then return to Europe from Brazil with miles is super cheap because of the very low taxes.

But I'm not sure of the entry conditions now in MAD if positioning is needed.

Last edited by IstKong; Jan 1, 2021 at 7:27 pm
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by IstKong
Could not say it better.

But there is a one-way option for 600€ (at least for MAD-MEX-GRU), which involves only one PCR test. Then return to Europe from Brazil with miles is super cheap because of the very low taxes.

But I'm not sure of the entry conditions now in MAD if positioning is needed.
transit passengers might be excluded from PCR-tests (in case not all airports follow the NL policy) - and believe it or not, even in South American countries you will find labs to conduct PCR-tests. anyway, this trip is not for the faint-hearted.

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Jan 2, 2021 at 3:40 am
Old Jan 2, 2021, 10:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
transit passengers might be excluded from PCR-tests (in case not all airports follow the NL policy) - and believe it or not, even in South American countries you will find labs to conduct PCR-tests. anyway, this trip is not for the faint-hearted.
BR requires PCR test even for transit. on the plus side there is a testing centre at the airport which does very quick (12 hour) turnaround in GRU
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:39 pm

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
got it for 890€ on German OTA mid of mai. I am quite confident...and want to positive a bit !!
f0zzyNUE likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by PROACTIVE
got it for 890€ on German OTA mid of mai. I am quite confident...and want to positive a bit !!
Good luck with the OTA. I could have issued my ticket as well by an OTA for 868€ - but thought that it would be better to book with the airline directly-.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:21 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Depends on the OTA's though. Some of them allow to change your flight via the airline's website, even if technically not allowed. Expedia often does, for example.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 2:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I had enough OTA experience to last me a lifetime... even amex travel isn't that amazing tbh and now either book with my trusted TA personal friend or airline direct!
Old Feb 1, 2021, 1:01 am

just checked the flights to TLV ... NUE-CDG-AMS-TLV-AMS-CDG-NUE in business class from 568€ in Summer - 108XP. (not the best flight times and the A330/A350 from/to CDG would be preferrable, but hey, 30extra XP to suffer for
From DUS it's even cheaper - 541€

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.