Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Coder33
Wiki for Mileage/XP Runs
Indicate below your itinerary, availability dates, price and XP. Please only log runs with confirmed fares availability. Feel free to tag yourself if you want to meet fellow FTers.
Eg:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-MXP in J, 2021-01-01/02, 570 €, 180 XP
HEL-AMS-LAX-AMS-HEL in J, 2022-08-16/18, 1059 €, 204 XP (@XXXFlyer arriving at 11:50 AM, leaving at 06:00 AM)

Upcoming runs:
MXP-CDG-AMS-KRK in J on 2022/07/21-22, 380€ - 45XP (8,44€/XP) : one way

Past runs:
For future reference, log below your most interesting XP runs:

KRK-AMS-CDG-BCN-AMS-CDG-KRK, 2021-07-22/24, 576 €, 180 XP
ATH-CDG-AMS-KRK-AMS-CDG-ATH in J, 2021-09-18/19, 561€
KRK-AMS-CDG-LIS-CDG-AMS-KRK, 2021-07-22/28, 492 € 180 XP
NTE-CDG-AMS-LIS-CDG-LYS-NTE, 2021-09-25/26, 157 €/42XP
Print Wikipost

Mileage runs for Flying Blue - best routes?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2021, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by maalloc
Hi Brenda

If you need 200-ish XP, the KRK run starting from any EU capital (except for AMS and CDG) should do.

But do you really need it? Status will be maintained for free this year, so maybe you can just let it slide and become PFL without flying
If I had known they would requalify us I might not have done all those double transfer trips in November. But I got those unexpectedly, due to a series of cancellations of flights on a couple of single transfer itineraries. So having got all that, I decided to push on this summer with a run and guarantee up to 3 years platinum down the line. It's not so hugely expensive (especially the November trips where I could reroute through both hubs at will) for the promise of a few years of platinum. Only thing is, platinum is a whole lot less amazing than it was previously...

Anyone seen any interesting runs in or out of Budapest? Since I might need to go, just wondering if I can combine something.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by maalloc
Hi Brenda

If you need 200-ish XP, the KRK run starting from any EU capital (except for AMS and CDG) should do.

But do you really need it? Status will be maintained for free this year, so maybe you can just let it slide and become PFL without flying
I called Customer Service. She was not sure if I will get Platinum for Life automatically in this situation, but it will give me another year to maintain/reach it. I knew they extended status last year, but was not fully aware they would do t again by the end of this year. This gives me a lot of peace of mind :-)
Old Aug 13, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
According to Flying Blue's covid website, you will indeed get Platinum for Life. From their FAQ: What will happen to my years counting towards Platinum for life?

If you keep your current Platinum level during your next qualification period based on our special measures, that membership year will count towards the 10 consecutive years needed to qualify for Platinum for life. For example:
  • You have been a Platinum member for 9 consecutive years, and your current qualification period will end on 31 December 2021. Because of our measures, you will be maintained and reach 10 consecutive years of Platinum. On 1 April 2022, we will change your level to Platinum for life.
  • You have been a Platinum member for 7 consecutive years, and your current qualification period will end on 31 December 2021. Because of our measures, you will be maintained. On 1 January 2022, your 8th consecutive year of Platinum will start.
Tro78 and maalloc like this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 8:00 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Concerto
If I had known they would requalify us I might not have done all those double transfer trips in November. But I got those unexpectedly, due to a series of cancellations of flights on a couple of single transfer itineraries. So having got all that, I decided to push on this summer with a run and guarantee up to 3 years platinum down the line. It's not so hugely expensive (especially the November trips where I could reroute through both hubs at will) for the promise of a few years of platinum. Only thing is, platinum is a whole lot less amazing than it was previously...

Anyone seen any interesting runs in or out of Budapest? Since I might need to go, just wondering if I can combine something.
BUD would be nice, quite convenient for me (especially once Hungary finished the M31 extension), but well served by both KL and AF.
All the usual suspects are therefore 1 stop. In the south, the only remotely interesting thing I've been able to find is BUD-CDG-SOF-VAR, except that SOF-VAR is of course domestic, there is an overnight in one direction, and I'm not even sure if that domestic books into J.
If you don't mind the cold and the dark though, there seems to be an option of flying to Norway for about 550 (6 legs, possible under 500 with 5 legs) - if you go to either Torp (not Gardermoen, has to be Oslo Torp) or for a little extra, Bergen.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by gncohen
According to Flying Blue's covid website, you will indeed get Platinum for Life. From their FAQ: What will happen to my years counting towards Platinum for life?

If you keep your current Platinum level during your next qualification period based on our special measures, that membership year will count towards the 10 consecutive years needed to qualify for Platinum for life. For example:
  • You have been a Platinum member for 9 consecutive years, and your current qualification period will end on 31 December 2021. Because of our measures, you will be maintained and reach 10 consecutive years of Platinum. On 1 April 2022, we will change your level to Platinum for life.
  • You have been a Platinum member for 7 consecutive years, and your current qualification period will end on 31 December 2021. Because of our measures, you will be maintained. On 1 January 2022, your 8th consecutive year of Platinum will start.
I did not get this far reading (sorry). You just made my day, woohoo :-)
Old Aug 13, 2021, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
BUD would be nice, quite convenient for me (especially once Hungary finished the M31 extension), but well served by both KL and AF.
All the usual suspects are therefore 1 stop. In the south, the only remotely interesting thing I've been able to find is BUD-CDG-SOF-VAR, except that SOF-VAR is of course domestic, there is an overnight in one direction, and I'm not even sure if that domestic books into J.
If you don't mind the cold and the dark though, there seems to be an option of flying to Norway for about 550 (6 legs, possible under 500 with 5 legs) - if you go to either Torp (not Gardermoen, has to be Oslo Torp) or for a little extra, Bergen.
What's the M31?
Apart from Budapest, I was rather hoping a place like Alesund might be an idea for a run. Ideally, I would like somewhere in the UK, like Humberside, maybe starting from NUE as f0zzyNUE suggested. When I've finished the current run of work and recordings I will start having a look at it all.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 4:31 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
What's the M31?
Apart from Budapest, I was rather hoping a place like Alesund might be an idea for a run. Ideally, I would like somewhere in the UK, like Humberside, maybe starting from NUE as f0zzyNUE suggested. When I've finished the current run of work and recordings I will start having a look at it all.
If you wanna fly CDG-UK on AF metal, beware that service is currently non-existent. If you didn't enjoy KL's Wanderful Salads, you certainly won't like AF's on-demande glass of water on UK routes... Depending on how well fed/rested you are when you board, it might severely impact your overall satisfaction about the run.
Mirendo likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well that's true although I had figured that with the paper cup of water there wasn't a lot to get disappointed about. In some ways it's a lot better than those awful boxes, although I think next time I will just ask for one of those sandwiches in Economy. Those are surprisingly good quality, you know. The thing about the UK is that I really need to go there at some point soon, so it would be a trip of necessity. But I simply don't have the time or desire to get stuck in a quarantine there.
Wil973 and maalloc like this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 6:05 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Well that's true although I had figured that with the paper cup of water there wasn't a lot to get disappointed about. In some ways it's a lot better than those awful boxes, although I think next time I will just ask for one of those sandwiches in Economy. Those are surprisingly good quality, you know. The thing about the UK is that I really need to go there at some point soon, so it would be a trip of necessity. But I simply don't have the time or desire to get stuck in a quarantine there.
indeed I have taken the AF cdg lhr a few times and it’s just such a slap in the face of service… I get so annoyed by these made up covid rules.
anyways I am booking a few runs for fun but also thinking Mex in F. Anyone knows what’s the cheapest EU origin for MEX run in la premiere?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 10:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Platinum
Hi guys, I'm looking for a Mileage Run from Paris (CDG/ORY).
Anyone knows a deal? Need to assure my platinum for next year.
Cheers
Old Aug 14, 2021, 11:58 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by cyberdoud
Cheers
How many XPs do you need? What maximum budget?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by offvoice
How many XPs do you need? What maximum budget?
I'm looking for something like 4€/XP with a 1000/1100€ budget which I can split in two trips if needed.
If possible I will prefer KLM than AF...

Thanks
SpinEcho likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 3:35 pm

Programs: FB Plat, *A Gold
Originally Posted by cyberdoud
Cheers
Your status will be extended for next year,so no need to do MRs.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by westi2002
Your status will be extended for next year,so no need to do MRs.
My end of qualification period is 8.31.2022
Old Aug 15, 2021, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it might be worth considering a run after that date and building some points up. They're not going to extend status forever, but maybe they will lower the thresholds (which they effectively did with the double XPs promotion).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.