Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Cash Upgrade Offer to Business Class on KQ Kenya Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cash Upgrade Offer to Business Class on KQ Kenya Airways

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by 5475flight
I’m flying next week from NYC to NBO and keep getting the upgrade auction emails. The floor is $1150, so far business class looks wide open. Does anyone know if closer to the flight that minimum bid would will decrease? There are many open seats even in economy.
Never saw the bidding floor decrease before the flight. You could be offered to upgrade at checkin in the airport though I'm not 100% sure they offer it in JFK. In any case, unlikely to be cheaper than $1150. For a 13 hours flight, I would consider it (assuming you didn't spend "too much" on your initial Y ticket). I always slept well in KQ J.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:15 pm

Has anyone actually bid on the JFK to NBO route? If so, what offer did you make? Considering putting in the minimum $1150 bid and seeing what happens, flight seems only half full, honestly may not even have someone else sitting next to us in economy so not sure its worth it...
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by mg74831
Has anyone actually bid on the JFK to NBO route? If so, what offer did you make? Considering putting in the minimum $1150 bid and seeing what happens, flight seems only half full, honestly may not even have someone else sitting next to us in economy so not sure its worth it...
I often bid minimum on AMS/CDG-NBO & usually got it (never flew from JFK). KQ in Y is fine (food ok, seat fine & IFE decent) since its new 787, especially if the flight is half empty and you can snatch three seats in a row. However, that's a 14H+ flight. If you win the bid at USD 1150, that's a USD 80/hour upgrade, worth it (IMHO) for a long-haul J service (if the calculation makes some sense )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.