Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo awards march/april??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2014, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
In their own Words:

the generous Promo Awards@ from AIR FRANCE and KLM have been enhanced
I know, the magic word! as they can't ignore what an "enhancement" means in ffp terms, they must be perverts to even use the word!!
Old Mar 4, 2014, 3:17 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Schwann
Did someone not tell Air France they're ending their BRS route next month? Bemusing...
Originally Posted by irishguy28
KLM will continue to serve Bristol. They may just have used the wrong airline logo.
Originally Posted by Schwann
Hopefully! If that is the case this will be a very good promotion for BRS locals.
And the only one that I could see being useful was taken off
Old Mar 11, 2014, 4:02 am

I think just a little over a year ago all promo awards were 50% and there were plenty of business class choice. I started to accumulate miles in hope of a great travel year of 2014 or 2015. So what? I have 200k miles which I can't now spend. It is well known that economy award tickets don't worth miles+euros you spend on them, and now they even removed almost all 50% discounts on economy. There is no value anymore in these miles.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Flying Blue keeps mailing me telling me that my vote counts in the Freddie awards (they won 3 or 4 last year ).

I've used my voice this year as I neglected to last year.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Flying Blue keeps mailing me telling me that my vote counts in the Freddie awards (they won 3 or 4 last year ).

I've used my voice this year as I neglected to last year.
Same for me.
I am member of numerous programs, but FB is the only one that keeps telling me to vote. As there can be only "positive" vote (best) and not "negative" vote (worst), that creates a positive bias for FB. That is one survey that AFKL will not discount as biased, as they usually do.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
My vote has also been solicited by:

IHG
Marriott Rewards
Etihad Guest

Lufthansa Miles & More has also asked - twice - but in a more subtle way (buried in regular mailshots, rather than being the sole subject of an email)
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
My vote has also been solicited by:

IHG
Marriott Rewards
Etihad Guest

Lufthansa Miles & More has also asked - twice - but in a more subtle way (buried in regular mailshots, rather than being the sole subject of an email)
Indeed, I have received quite a lot of sollicitations from various hotel, airline and car rental programmes. All dutifully ignored: it's not for companies to tell me when to vote or for whom.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 8:58 am

Programs: FB-PFL ; LH-FT
Same for me for M&M.

But i did not received anything from FB. Maybe due to some options for emailing?
Old Mar 15, 2014, 2:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by dimitriyremerov
I think just a little over a year ago all promo awards were 50% and there were plenty of business class choice. I started to accumulate miles in hope of a great travel year of 2014 or 2015. So what? I have 200k miles which I can't now spend. It is well known that economy award tickets don't worth miles+euros you spend on them, and now they even removed almost all 50% discounts on economy. There is no value anymore in these miles.
Relax and be patient. ^

We always had (short) periods in the past when the Promoawards were nothing to write home about for a month or two...

In general, 14 and 15 are expected to be very solid for the airlines, so saving the miles for more dire times (and higher discounts) cannot hurt either.

But it would really surprise me not to see the usual suspects on offer for the next couple of months, Near East in C, some beach markets in Y between the seasons aside from one or two other long-haul destinations during the slower seasons there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.