Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A different sort of upgrade (pointless thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2014, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc

Happy new year everyone! Of course, FB has not been upgraded, neither have I in case you wondered, but I have noted that our beloved forum now being renamed "Air France-KLM" rather than Flying Blue has been upgraded to the front of the Flyertalk forum list! Nice not to need to scroll down to join your discussions, and unlike Flying Blue (or for that matter Air France and KLM), "at the top" is definitely where all of you, great forum contributors belong!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, the change in the ordering is a reflection of the seismic (in FT terms, not real life terms ) change of primary focus from FFP to airline.

Happy New Year to all.
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by NickB
Yes, the change in the ordering is a reflection of the seismic (in FT terms, not real life terms ) change of primary focus from FFP to airline.
Indeed, quite a 'significant' change! But weirdly, the previous alphabetical ordering seemed to be mostly based on airlines already (e.g. Aegean was top regardless of their FFP's name. Only a few like FB and MM seemed to be alphabetically ranked based on programme name rather than airline name(s) ) BTW why is "airberlin" the only airline not to be capitalised in the new list? I'd complain if I were them (the members not the airline)!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 2:25 am

Programs: FB Plat, *A Silver, Volare Exec (LOL), some hotels (Gold)

I just noticed it browsing the forums with the phone app: until yesterday the Alitalia forum was visible from the screen, now I need to scroll down.

Poor Alitalia, downgraded IRL and even in the forums
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:37 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Now it's more difficult to distinguish the general FB forum and the AF forum, which now both start with Air France.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:40 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Indeed, quite a 'significant' change! But weirdly, the previous alphabetical ordering seemed to be mostly based on airlines already (e.g. Aegean was top regardless of their FFP's name. Only a few like FB and MM seemed to be alphabetically ranked based on programme name rather than airline name(s) ) BTW why is "airberlin" the only airline not to be capitalised in the new list? I'd complain if I were them (the members not the airline)!
Because also on their own site, their name is not capitalized?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Because also on their own site, their name is not capitalized?
Indeed. It is like the former bmi. The official brand is all in lower letters rather than capitalised
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: FB Plat for life, FB PC, M&M FT, Hertz President (+ many low tier cards)
Happy new year all! First AF/KL upgrade I received in ages!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zembla
First AF/KL upgrade I received in ages!
Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:18 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Can't wait to see AFKL press department releasing some jubilation PR. "AirFranceKLM put on top of industry's leading Internet forum".

PS: hadn't realized the change. Simply added the forum to the "subscribed ones" but without e-mail notification, like that I have it on "My FlyerTalk" page below the subscribed threads, along with the other airline forums that I track (BA, LH M&M, LX sub-forum, BA, EK, QR). Funnily enough the airlines I fly most are not the ones whose FT forum I visit most.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 12:13 am

Having fled FB for *A (by the way, I was downgraded to silver for the second time in 4 years), I am on top of everyone, given my using Aegean on most of my European flights (and, thus, mostly visiting their forum).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.