Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:28 am
Suspended

Flew on a AF-code shared flight with Air Europa last Friday

i felt like the aircraft was from another decade, poor seats and cabin

0 snack & 0 drink as everything was for sale like on a low cost company

hopefully, on the way back, i flew AF
Old Sep 12, 2013, 3:26 pm

Programs: FB Plat
What type did you fly? UX's 738's are reasonably modern with leather seats. As gold you can sit in an EER for free.

But I agree, it is kind of annoying you have to buy refreshments.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 3:39 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat, AA Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by macaron95
Flew on a AF-code shared flight with Air Europa last Friday

i felt like the aircraft was from another decade, poor seats and cabin

0 snack & 0 drink as everything was for sale like on a low cost company

hopefully, on the way back, i flew AF
I had that experience once. Also got stuck at the back of the aircraft. It was a 738.
However, I was happy to fly the ERJ aircrafts. Even got an upgrade once on MAD-ORY, but I found the business class meal really poor. (AF does better in Y - that is, when there is a meal).
Old Sep 12, 2013, 3:52 pm
Suspended

it was a B737-800, didn't like the cabin at all

i paid the same price for the return flight, but this one was operated by AF, and it was so much more different

UX and AF are definitely not playing in the same league
Old Sep 13, 2013, 2:03 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Looks like UX is different on Ex-CDG routes (Malaga, Valencia).

New planes always, pleasant crews....

Food for sale? Yes. Better than no food on AF, no? I wish AF would sell food on board and not restrict us to a free sucré/salé.

If you can afford the price of the ticket, you can afford the cost of a sandwich and a drink, no? The one drawback of this system, is the time it takes for the crew to take the cash or operate the CC machine.

From this point of view, free food and drinks is better. But then you have to increase the cost of the ticket by a few Euros, and so many leisure travellers will switch from one airline to the other only because the fare is a couple of Euros lower...

Experienced irrops with UX because of snow; they were good. Answer the phone, gave info and managed to fly the plane out of CDG for a landing at 4 am in Malaga instead of 11:30 pm.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 5:36 am

Programs: FB Plat
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Looks like UX is different on Ex-CDG routes (Malaga, Valencia).
New planes always, pleasant crews....
My experience with UX is only for the CDG-AGP route (KL ticket, AF codeshare). These 738's are (in my view) the modern ones, and they're ok.
I find UX staff good when it comes to SkyPriority privileges too.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
UX is also very good on the LGW run. I get put up front as Platinum and to me the seats are as comfortable as it gets in short haul economy.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Yes, forgot about the seats. Nice new clean and comfortable leather seats on the flights out of CDG.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Somebody posted somewhere that Air Europa have a very good call center with helpful agents. However, nobody answers on the German line, and I can't dial the Spanish number from Germany. Seems to be blocked. Any suggestions how to reach them?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Have you tried Skype?
Old Feb 4, 2014, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Somebody posted somewhere that Air Europa have a very good call center with helpful agents. However, nobody answers on the German line, and I can't dial the Spanish number from Germany. Seems to be blocked. Any suggestions how to reach them?
Try the French mumber. It is a normal number . They answer.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Have you tried Skype?
Yes I have called the Spanish number with Skype as well as the French number. Both worked fine for me.
Old Feb 4, 2014, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Skype cut me off immediately on each attempt. But thanks for the tip about the French number, I'll try that.

What I was trying to do was book DUS-AMS-MAD on the KLM codeshare (which is showing up as EUR161), then add a MAD-PMI round trip having spent the night in Madrid. Impossible to do on any of the booking engines. Another permutation is to begin in AMS and build a layover of less than 24h in Madrid into the itinerary. That would be EUR255 for flights at reasonable times. Again, it seems to be impossible to add the DUS-AMS segments at the beginning and end of the trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.