Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Clas Lounge NRT

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Business Clas Lounge NRT

Flying Business class from NRT to AMS, does anyone know if you can use the delta lounge or just the Air France one?

If either which is better?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
The KLM site lists both so you can use either.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You can use either! The Air France lounge opens about 3 hours before Air France and AirCalin flights, so depending on timings, you may only have the Delta lounge available to you.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
The NRT lounges are considered some of the best in the DL network. The beer machine and snack selections are both good, though the selection of spirits and wine isn't going to overwhelm anybody. The DL lounges can get quite crowded at times, but the views are great.

As for the AF lounge, I haven't yet had the opportunity to visit.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Zomba
The NRT lounges are considered some of the best in the DL network. The beer machine and snack selections are both good, though the selection of spirits and wine isn't going to overwhelm anybody. The DL lounges can get quite crowded at times, but the views are great.

As for the AF lounge, I haven't yet had the opportunity to visit.
The AF lounge is small and crowded. Often hard to find two seats together. Beer machine too. But limited snacks.
At busy times, DL lounge might redirect you to AF lounge if you are a J pax without status. Argument is capacity.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 12:37 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by brunos
The AF lounge is small and crowded. Often hard to find two seats together. Beer machine too. But limited snacks.
At busy times, DL lounge might redirect you to AF lounge if you are a J pax without status. Argument is capacity.
Unbelievable but true, the DL lounge here is much better in terms of food compared to the AF lounge. For the shower, the DL lounge is also better, much more spacious compared to the AF one. In general the DL lounge is much more spacious (even in a packed situation) compared to the AF one.

I believe that there is also a KE lounge but this could be at the other side of the terminal. It was much less crowded compared to the others, but visit it only if you don't mind the distance to your gate.

Cheers!
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
AF lounge in NRT is the worse I have visited, JNB comes quite close too. Both are "new design lounge", very hard and uncomfortable seats, not possible to do anything as the "table" linked to the seat is very small, non practical and unstable since the seat itself is not perfectly stable: I would not put a glass of coke on it! spirits are mainly bad quality ones, snacks are on par with domestic AF flights, no urinal in men toilet, non working wifi... the only positive point is the beer machine that is fun I was happy to take the JAL codeshare from NRT to CDG, got AF miles but much better lounge, not talking about onboard service.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 6:31 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
And for E+ PAX flying AF to CDG? Any chance of Delta Lounge entry?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ranskis
AF lounge in NRT is the worse I have visited.
You obviously have never been to places like LAX...
I respect your opinion, but I personnally like the NRT lounge, although it get crowded rapidly, as other posters said. There is one thing I don't like in this lounge : for several years now, there is no more champagne displayed. You need to ask for a glass
Old Feb 3, 2012, 6:50 pm

I have been to LAX but flying F only, so I enjoyed the NZ lounge
Old Feb 4, 2012, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
You obviously have never been to places like LAX...
I respect your opinion, but I personnally like the NRT lounge, although it get crowded rapidly, as other posters said. There is one thing I don't like in this lounge : for several years now, there is no more champagne displayed. You need to ask for a glass
Hard to see whta is to be liked in the AF lounge in NRT (except for beer drinker, the beer machine common to most NRT lounges). Small lounge, uncomfortable arm chairs, no real food.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
Hard to see whta is to be liked in the AF lounge in NRT (except for beer drinker, the beer machine common to most NRT lounges). Small lounge, uncomfortable arm chairs, no real food.
It's really odd how AF is keeping a non-premium lounge at a premium destination
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 31dany
It's really odd how AF is keeping a non-premium lounge at a premium destination
Indeed, but that is a common feature. Where did AF invest money in a super lounge in its longhaul network? JFK is OK, but not great, but many others are below par.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 5:08 pm

The worse with the NRT lounge is that it is a "newly refurbished" lounge, and I cannot imagine how the old lounge could have been worse than the current one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.