Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

premium economy/ premium voyageur with award miles not valid on short haul?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:08 am
MRC
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue PE, Garuda FF Gold, Shangr-La Gold, KrisFlyer SQ

I booked a premium voyageur return flight with AF from Bejing to AMS with award miles. From Paris to AMS by KL I was seated in the economy section. During previous flights when I purchased a full paying ticket in premium voyageur I was seated in the WBC section, albeit the last row before the curtain that seats 3 instead of 2, but with WBC service. I guess this is as a substitute by KL to offer a product which is comparable to premium economy.

According to the check-in assistant at CDG, if you purchase a long haul premium economy with award miles, it does not include the short haul leg from Paris to AMS. He did admit that the logic of that escaped him, but that was what his supervisor told him after making several calls.
Fortunately the Paris-AMS leg is a short one, so no big deal, but I do feel a bit annoyed because I did pay more award miles to fly premium voyageur, on top of 444 euro's in taxes, so I would have expected the same treatment as with a full paying ticket. Did I miss reading the small print somewhere?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MRC
I booked a premium voyageur return flight with AF from Bejing to AMS with award miles. From Paris to AMS by KL I was seated in the economy section. During previous flights when I purchased a full paying ticket in premium voyageur I was seated in the WBC section, albeit the last row before the curtain that seats 3 instead of 2, but with WBC service. I guess this is as a substitute by KL to offer a product which is comparable to premium economy.

According to the check-in assistant at CDG, if you purchase a long haul premium economy with award miles, it does not include the short haul leg from Paris to AMS. He did admit that the logic of that escaped him, but that was what his supervisor told him after making several calls.
Fortunately the Paris-AMS leg is a short one, so no big deal, but I do feel a bit annoyed because I did pay more award miles to fly premium voyageur, on top of 444 euro's in taxes, so I would have expected the same treatment as with a full paying ticket. Did I miss reading the small print somewhere?
Well I know of the rule, because I had the same thing happen to me. If you take a flight on KL metal (which do not serve PE) then you sit in coach. I think it is because service is more close to Eco then Biz comfort.

If you purchase business long haul, the short haul is also business when there is room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.