Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn over 50,000 Award Miles with Avis

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2011, 3:53 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by libuser
just to add an answer to the previous poster.
50k gets you 2 r/t to MEX which is an enormous value. I just checked with AF and 2 tix from DCA to anywhere in Mexico will be around $30 taxes included, as AF does not collect YQ tax for its partners.

DL would be 35000 miles, so a savings of 20 000 miles. So a very good deal in my book....

[B]btw I will return my first 3 day rental tomorrow. Will let you know what I get. I expect to get 700 miles. My next rental will be in a week.
[/B] Why would you get 700 as the T&C says 500 for the 1st? Elite bonus? We won't really know till after the 2nd rental and the bonus miles get credited.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: M&M, FB, DL, BA, UA...
Yes 500 base miles per rental + 100 miles for online booking on the Avis-FB site + 100 miles for Gold and Plat members.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
AWD List

peon f982600
ivory f982700
silver f982800
gold f982900
platinum f983000
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
peon f982600
ivory f982700
silver f982800
gold f982900
platinum f983000
Not necessarily related to FB offer, but for more codes, see also : the Avis partnership guide
Old Apr 4, 2011, 4:55 pm

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
I am a FB Ivroy member and booked a compact car with Avis providing the AWD F982700. But since I am an Avis First member it automatically upgraded me to an Intermediate car and also changed the AWD on the reservation to some other AWD. The Avis rep says they can't change the AWD back to the FB AWD because of that. My confirmation email indicated an AWD: N/A. What should I do? Should I cancel and make a new reservation without giving my Wizard number? It is actually showing slightly lower price than if I login to my Avis account. Thanks
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by ikonos
I am a FB Ivroy member and booked a compact car with Avis providing the AWD F982700. But since I am an Avis First member it automatically upgraded me to an Intermediate car and also changed the AWD on the reservation to some other AWD. The Avis rep says they can't change the AWD back to the FB AWD because of that. My confirmation email indicated an AWD: N/A. What should I do? Should I cancel and make a new reservation without giving my Wizard number? It is actually showing slightly lower price than if I login to my Avis account. Thanks
That's very strange that it changed your AWD number. I book all the time as Avis First using different AWDs and it never changes them.

I'd either get this fixed when you pick up the car or cancel and try again.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:39 pm

I just checked with AF and 2 tix from DCA to anywhere in Mexico will be around $30 taxes included, as AF does not collect YQ tax for its partners.
Are you sure about this, as this is contrary to any information I've managed to Google in the past half hour. But if it's true, then it makes the deal even better. Thanks.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Has anyone found a good rate using the AWD numbers beginning with Z or K?

2.To qualify, reservations must be made using a Flying Blue/Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number: Ivory members F982700; Silver members F982800; Gold members F982900; Platinum members F983000 or with a KLM Flying Blue AWD number: Ivory members Z266200; Silver members Z266100; Gold members Z190300; Platinum members K885100. Reservations made on www.avis-flyingblue.com and klm.com (with Flying Blue membership level selected) will automatically have the correct AWD embedded in the rental.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 6:32 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by ikonos
The "N/A" on your confirmation email is not telling. Every conf email I get has N/A for the AWD. I have to click the "Modify Reservation" link in order to confirm which AWD I used when booking. I've always found this to be strange. Why obfuscate the AWD in the email? Hmmm.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 9:55 am

Lesson learned:

Rented the car with AF plat AWD which I returned yesterday. When I got the contract there was another AWD. When I returned there was yet another AWD different from the first 2.
Then I went and argued with the manager for a good hour and he was able to change the AWD to the correct AF AWD but ended charging me $25 more. I will either dispute or show him the email confirmation today for refund.

On my next rental in 2 days I will have the email printed out, and will not get into the vehicle if the AWD is not written in the contract. Just beware for those of you doing this deal...

btw these rentals ARE qualifying for the fast buy 2 get 1 rental day free, and looks like I will be getting 3 free rental days. Just make sure that you register before renting... : ) Amazing deal in my book. Not to mention that DCA has premium(read Buick Lucerne) for the same price as mid-size. : ) Thanks Avis

oh, nothing posted on my account but as soon as I see something posted, I will update asap.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 1:23 pm

oh, nothing posted on my account but as soon as I see something posted, I will update asap.
Good luck with that : my experience with Avis has proven that only 10% of the rentals are normally credited to FB, these 10% being the one booked on www.avis-flyingblue.com.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by bodory
Good luck with that : my experience with Avis has proven that only 10% of the rentals are normally credited to FB, these 10% being the one booked on www.avis-flyingblue.com.
thanks god we have what we call here small claims court where we sue big companies for things like that. If they don't deliver I will happily sue them and prevail. Its written in black and white that I am entitled to all the miles... so I will put up a fight for sure... you can count on that. You must have the equivalent of that in France, no ?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:57 am

You must have the equivalent of that in France, no ?
Sort of : they are called Tribunaux d'Instance. However people are reluctant to use them because it is quite a hassle and is time consuming.

I am not aware of anyone going there for claiming miles.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by bodory
Sort of : they are called Tribunaux d'Instance. However people are reluctant to use them because it is quite a hassle and is time consuming.

I am not aware of anyone going there for claiming miles.
the small claims court here is a simple form which takes about 3 minutes to complete, and $45. In 30 days they set up a date where you appear and they as well and present your case. In all less than 2 hours in total.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
the small claims court here is a simple form which takes about 3 minutes to complete, and $45. In 30 days they set up a date where you appear and they as well and present your case. In all less than 2 hours in total.
Small claims court varies from state to state does it not?

From my understanding, in most U.S. jurisdictions if the big bad corp doesn't show up the judgement goes to the plaintiff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.